increase USB voltage

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
i bought a 10m usb extension and it doesn't read anything i connect to it saying device is unrecognisible. i read about it on google and i found someone saying it is volt shortage. but i do not know the way to increase it.

gigabyte b85-hd3 rev 2.0

please help

if it is a power issue, there's nothing to be done. USB-A potential is always 5 volt, it's not possible to raise it and even if it were it could cause damage to your equipment.

a 10M cable, while technically within USB specifications, may be causing signal degradation due to the length. Do you have a powered USB hub? (ie plugs into the wall outlet for additional power) you could try plugging the 10M extension cable into the hub and then plugging devices into the hub, maybe the signal will be better

if it is a power issue, there's nothing to be done. USB-A potential is always 5 volt, it's not possible to raise it and even if it were it could cause damage to your equipment.

a 10M cable, while technically within USB specifications, may be causing signal degradation due to the length. Do you have a powered USB hub? (ie plugs into the wall outlet for additional power) you could try plugging the 10M extension cable into the hub and then plugging devices into the hub, maybe the signal will be better
i intend to use it with other usb devices. so not for charging. i have usb hub that plugs to wall outlet. will it work if i connected it to pc and plugged it to the wall and con ected any device to it will it be read on pc?

i need it to run other usb devices, like mouse, keyboard, etc...
i connected the wall hub to the pc using dual usb cable and tried to add a device to work on it but the pc couldn't read it

10m is way out of USB spec.
https://www.google.com/search?q=max...0j69i57j0l4.4279j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You can get usb repeaters.

From what it sounds like its;
1. You bought a shitty non-spec Chinese USB cable
2. It doesnt work.

Options;
1. Buy another, and roll the dice.
2. Buy something within spec, and crack a beer.

Maybe more options, but from my seat and tiny window, thats what I would say the problem is.

Back