I'm not going to need to upgrade for a good long while, am I?

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking at my current PC and at upgrades that will be available in the next year or so, and not seeing any real need to upgrade.

CPU? I have an i7-3770S and unless I need many more cores, the performance boost really isn't much
GPU? I have two Maxwell Titan X cards and they handle everything I throw at them apart from Nvidia Hairworks. Thanks to the amount of VRAM, they'll likely even hold their own against Vega. (And what comes after Vega?) The only real reason to upgrade would be to support a > 60 Hz monitor but...
Monitor? I've a 4K monitor for gaming and I'm just not seeing news of a 4k monitor that will do more than 60 Hz or a 2160p UW monitor coming any time soon.

Should be ok if you stick to 60FPS and high'ish settings right now at 4K. I have a 1080 that can run most things at 4K on its own but recently games have been requiring me to drop a few settings down at 4K. If you are fine with that then yeah you should be good for another year at 4K and even longer if you can handle dropping resolution in games to keep FPS up.

Back