ie9 problem and solution

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
I am posting here today to get opionions on an issue i have had with ie9 over the past 3 days

3 days ago suddenly ie9 started to scroll very choppy over the 3 days or so it had been getting more and more annoying as ie9 is the only program that scrolls so choppily well tonight i have had enough i started searching on a solution to this issue. I was clued into my solution by a website that said to make sure smooth scrolling is turned on well i went and turned it off low and behold my laggy choppy scrolling disappeared and i was left with normal scrolling of a mostly smooth nature...

So disable smooth scrolling in the advanced tab of internet options
is the solution.
You could also just use a browser other than ie9.

I can't notice a difference between smooth scrolling on and off. Maybe you installed a bad plug-in, or one of your already installed plug-ins went south.

you are using ie 9? and do you have nvidia or ati video cards? I just tested again with no ad-ons enabled and it was just as bad as before...

IE9, on a GTX 580. Dunno, it's still a beta though and I get random problems once in a while. Still think it's the best browser out there though. Hopefully the RC will drop soonish, and fix most of the issues.

IE9, on a GTX 580. Dunno, it's still a beta though and I get random problems once in a while. Still think it's the best browser out there though. Hopefully the RC will drop soonish, and fix most of the issues.
I like it but won't use it because it doesn't have spell check or the ability to add extensions. Plus right now it's not compatible with Microsoft's e-learning products, which I'm using.

Last edited:
Sounds like you won't use it regardless, but it does have extensions, one of which is IE Spell, which I use (and which works with IE9 Beta.) It's very simple, just right click in your post box (like on hardforum) and select "Check Spelling" then cycle through the words, Changing them to recommendations, or ignoring them or adding them to the dictionary. Supports custom dictionary lists and so on. Have to take your word on e-learning products, as I've never used them.

i have an add on called iepro that i use that gives me spell checking puts a red line below misspelled words and i can right click them for what it thinks is the proper spelling... also gives me gestures and alot of other cool things like removing the search box from ie.

i have an add on called iepro that i use that gives me spell checking puts a red line below misspelled words and i can right click them for what it thinks is the proper spelling... also gives me gestures and alot of other cool things like removing the search box from ie.

What search box? You're using IE9 Beta, right?

Back