Huawei is Allegedly Stealing Technology from Apple Suppliers

I'm gonna say it again, all chinese tech companies are nothing more than spying/espionage outfits. Stop buying their shit.

Not buying Chinese only works if you have an alternative. Few electronics if any source all their parts from one country and even fewer are not assembled or don't include things made in China.

Such a blanket demand would require you to become Amish for all intents and purposes. You have our great American capitalism/pro-corporate market to thank for that. China didn't force our companies to choose greed and profit by seeking lower costs over seas. It's not like the public is choosing made in China on purpose. It's the only option being provided or the decision is so mixed it doesn't matter what particular brand they buy.

I'm gonna say it again, all chinese tech companies are nothing more than spying/espionage outfits. Stop buying their shit.
Did you find processes that spy on a Huawei phone? Or did you find a spychip on the Huawei boards? Because unless either is clearly proven...

Did you find processes that spy on a Huawei phone? Or did you find a spychip on the Huawei boards? Because unless either is clearly proven...
No he didn't, and neither did US ' experts'
I gotta love the gall of US and US corporations... I mean what the hell did we want?... Corporations went there for cheap labor, and mega profit... So in making our shit for exploitation level wages, they learned to make things, they are ' stealing' it and started to surpass us in some aspects... And we are butt hurt about it? So they weren't good pets, and stayed poor hungry and dumb, and we blame them for it? China has still tons of problems to overcome, why the hell is it always a zero sum game with the United States.. no one can stand with their feet, watch their own interests, and this not be an affront to the USA... Everything is aggression everywhere.

I wish I knew how much worse huawei was in comparison to lg, samsung, apple, sony etc. Is huawei measurably and meaningfully worse or are they the star of the week?

Saw a figure the other day that something like four fifths of industrial espionage in America is assumed to be Chinese in origin.

Probably pales in comparison to all the things they force foreign companies to do in China, if they want to buddy up with a local manufacturer.

Saw a figure the other day that something like four fifths of industrial espionage in America is assumed to be Chinese in origin.

Probably pales in comparison to all the things they force foreign companies to do in China, if they want to buddy up with a local manufacturer.
And its difficult to imagine all these allegations are nothing more than exaggeration for propaganda purposes.
The Chinese have no military might or power over US to 'make' US anything ( corporations, government) do.. well anything even today.. They just started to have some regional power, and more regional direct economic influence as well. And thats a relatively recent development.
If they are were such terrible partners, they would not have been for as long as they have, plain and simple. And they can't 'make' much of anyone really do this or that.. perhaps some countries near them, and some such.
Now the US is tied up quite a bit, but that is a whole bag of other nuts. But as far as 'forcing' that is very questionable.

I think people fail to understand what modern "spying" is. You won't find chips. You won't find programs. The reason you won't find these things is quite simple actually... people are looking for them.
It's far easier(and more efficient) to bulk capture data and extract what you want or to exploit a security hole missed in manufacturing. It's also very easy to deny a hardware or software flaw exists to allow this. It's very easy to deny when the breach happens citing "dastardly brazen villans" in faceless hackers.
Bonus factor is bulk data capture is target agnostic. It's very difficult to know what part of the data you are after.

Doesn't mean the CIA doesn't do this too. It's the nature of things. Just don't drink the "China is innocent" kool-aid. You'll look stupid in the long run.

There is no separation between business and government in China, they act as one, for the long term strategic interests of China.
Since China is a communist state it's generally known that all companies (including Huawei) in China have what is euphemistically referred to as a "political officer". In other words, the Chinese government knows everything about what their companies do. Company leaders have to check with their governmental overlords to see if what they want to do complies with the wants and needs of the Communist Party of China.

Don't want to do what the Communist Party of China tells you to do? Off you go to a nice "re-education" camp for some good old fashioned brainwashing.

Since China is a communist state it's generally known that all companies (including Huawei) in China have what is euphemistically referred to as a "political officer". In other words, the Chinese government knows everything about what their companies do. Company leaders have to check with their governmental overlords to see if what they want to do complies with the wants and needs of the Communist Party of China.

Don't want to do what the Communist Party of China tells you to do? Off you go to a nice "re-education" camp for some good old fashioned brainwashing.

It's a given. Companies having a political officer in the board of directors that get paid to just grease the cogs is the way of life there. Tesla is supposedly the first major exception where the company's truly foreign owned as a show piece at that, without having that political appointee explicitly placed in and all that.

It's a given. Companies having a political officer in the board of directors that get paid to just grease the cogs is the way of life there. Tesla is supposedly the first major exception where the company's truly foreign owned as a show piece at that, without having that political appointee explicitly placed in and all that.

Yeah which just means said political officer is assigned but doesnt actually sit on the board (yet). I virtually guarantee you there is one that regularly visits and talks to Elon about how his company needs to do things the China way.

Back