How can I remove/uninstall ALL drivers for a windows 10 workstation(so i can clone an image)

IAmForum

Weaksauce
I would like to create a windows 10 image with everything installed and configured the way I want, and then image it.
I am trying to use sysprep, but it has major issue with me removing built in windows store apps.
is there another way ?

apps arent drivers. which are you actually having issues with?
ps: even with drivers left in it 10 will adapt amazingly well to hardware changes...

Is the goal to have a perfectly clean install? Disconnect from the net and reset this pc will give you a clean system.

OK.
I have a workstation installed with everything I want.
The workstation is all tweaked and all the bloatware has been removed.
I want to be able to take & image this workstation and make it hardware independent.
Being able to have a general Windows 10 image is what I need.

sysprep errors because I uninstall alot of their crappy built in store apps.

I am presently looking at---
Acronis Universal Restore

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...alize--a-windows-installation?view=windows-10

Generalizing the image removes computer-specific information such as installed drivers and the computer security identifier (SID).

I've not sysprepped anything newer than Windows 7, so I'm not familiar with the issues that arise from removing the junk apps of Windows 10/11 when sysprepping. I use Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) to deploy Windows 10 and then additional scripts with MDT to remove the junk apps from Windows 10 during deployment. MDT can be a bit involved when initially configuring an OS deployment task sequence, but once all of the customizations are done it's easy to make changes as needed. MDT is free, but I think MS loosely supporting it and might no longer be updating it, so you need to be willing to research quite a bit. Fortunately it's a common tool, so there is a lot of information out there.

Should should have a base windows image, nothing added except for drivers and free local installed apps.
That would work across many systems, then after the image, script an install for the store apps.
I'm going to assume the door has done sorry if gui id for each system, if 10 machines start showing up with the same one....

Back