HIS Radeon 6850 1GB $140.95 Ebay shipped

isnt it weird that this guy and the last guys name is seller.##### format?

weird.

There is more to it, if you look at this seller's history. Every sale is a cpu or gpu except for two items, a SLR lens for $3400 and a SLR body for $5600, both going to another person with a seller.#### name, which is actually the same account that sold the same type of stuff on here earlier.

Edit: Upon more looking around, there is a third seller.#### account which primarily sells new video games. The three accounts seems to sell high priced stuff to each other such as MBPs and a 7500 doller camera lens with a marked up price. Something is definitely going on.

Last edited:
I am so tempted to sell my new 570 and get one of these just for the profit... my 570 is already registered through EVGA, so im not sure how much it would be worth and my mobo is SLI, so does that sound like a dumb idea? My next mobo could be DDR3 and crossfire however

There is more to it, if you look at this seller's history. Every sale is a cpu or gpu except for two items, a SLR lens for $3400 and a SLR body for $5600, both going to another person with a seller.#### name, which is actually the same account that sold the same type of stuff on here earlier.

Edit: Upon more looking around, there is a third seller.#### account which primarily sells new video games. The three accounts seems to sell high priced stuff to each other such as MBPs and a 7500 doller camera lens with a marked up price. Something is definitely going on.

Why do people, especially in the other 6850 $139 thread, care about this?? You aren't doing anything wrong buying an item if you don't know it's stolen... so why assume?

Good luck getting any warranty done if you buy from Ebay sellers. I know for a fact most if not all video card manufacturers will not honor purchases from Ebay sellers if you ever have problems with it. That along would keep me from ever buying a new video card off Ebay unless you save enough to not care about a warranty. .

Good luck getting any warranty done if you buy from Ebay sellers. I know for a fact most if not all video card manufacturers will not honor purchases from Ebay sellers if you ever have problems with it. That along would keep me from ever buying a new video card off Ebay unless you save enough to not care about a warranty. .

Its coming from newegg.. Atleast from the other thread they were..

And uses way more power

really? why do people keep posting this crap....anyone who is into pc gaming enough to even give a crap or know how much any card consumes is not going to give a crap about how much power it consumes.....nobody cares bro....so just dont go there......i dont know any pc gamer who is bragging about how their pc uses 50 less watts than another because of their choice of video card, so just stop

at any rate this card is $165 brand new shipped from Newegg

that makes this deal not hot considering risks, warranty issues, etc....anyone who would take that risk and possibly give up their warranty in order to save $25 needs to re-evaluate their judgement skills

Why do people, especially in the other 6850 $139 thread, care about this?? You aren't doing anything wrong buying an item if you don't know it's stolen... so why assume?

I'm not saying what buyers are doing are wrong. I just pointed out the connections in his transaction history thats all.

Or maybe because I don't like shady people profiting off a possible shady business practice? I know we don't know for sure until the FBI gets involved (which I've seen happen) but I can't imagine he's making any money by being a legit reseller with the type of prices he has. Surely as a buyer we are benefitting from it (which some seem to only care about), but likely at a cost of another (CC companies, cardholders). But anyways, Newegg would've gotten plenty of credit disputes because of this, but can be difficult to track if he's making multiple accounts for multiple transactions. The worst thing that can happen is the guy getting busted and gets fined for all the wrongful purchases he's made. I doubt any govenment agency is going to go asking for the stolen items back.

On the warranty side, Newegg doesn't normally ship invoices/receipts with the package, you have to download that through the Newegg account that it was ordered with.

I am so tempted to sell my new 570 and get one of these just for the profit... my 570 is already registered through EVGA, so im not sure how much it would be worth and my mobo is SLI, so does that sound like a dumb idea? My next mobo could be DDR3 and crossfire however

Legally or morally?

really? why do people keep posting this crap....anyone who is into pc gaming enough to even give a crap or know how much any card consumes is not going to give a crap about how much power it consumes.....nobody cares bro....so just dont go there......i dont know any pc gamer who is bragging about how their pc uses 50 less watts than another because of their choice of video card, so just stop

that makes this deal not hot considering risks, warranty issues, etc....anyone who would take that risk and possibly give up their warranty in order to save $25 needs to re-evaluate their judgement skills

My power bill was $250 last month with just a couple of boxes on....I bought the lowest end 68xx series as according to wikipedia it used the least amount of power.

Someone needs a hug...

This card will be this price in like two months. Are we saying that at that time, no business with6850s in stock will make money?

Someone needs a hug...

...or a dose of Buddha.

There's enough "I hate you because I only want you to see the error of your ways that's making you blind and evil! It's called tough love!" with religion without doing the same with video cards.

And I thought vi vs emacs was bad...

Why do you think you know what everyone else wants or cares about? Would this be considered conceited?

You stop.. I Take pride in every system in my home being energy efficient.. My computers spend too much time on not to care, & at the end of every month when I get my power bill that is reaffirmed.

In fact to sum it up after we moved in to our new home last winter our power bill was 120ish for November, so I went through & Changed all the light bulbs to CFL's & it dropped to 100ish in December, & Then in January after I had rebuilt my server & My gaming rig to be more efficient our power-bill dropped to 60 & January is our coldest month of the year.. Since then my power bill has always been between 60 & 90 (90 was the summer months with the AC keeping my house at 72).

So yes some people give a shit about power. Those people are typically called Grown Ups.

my point was most people dont care to know and do not make purchasing decisions based on power consumption. if you are pinching wattage from your system this is not the card for you anyways.

and also $25 is a small price to pay to get it new from newegg as opposed to new from ebay and risking a warranty issue or whatnot......

i do not and i would guess most here do not consider $25 under newegg shipped price to be a HOT deal....at least not if the other "HOT" deals are any indicator

im not hating on anyone.....you guys saw red when it wasn't there to be seen...

You stop.. I Take pride in every system in my home being energy efficient.. My computers spend too much time on not to care, & at the end of every month when I get my power bill that is reaffirmed.

In fact to sum it up after we moved in to our new home last winter our power bill was 120ish for November, so I went through & Changed all the light bulbs to CFL's & it dropped to 100ish in December, & Then in January after I had rebuilt my server & My gaming rig to be more efficient our power-bill dropped to 60 & January is our coldest month of the year.. Since then my power bill has always been between 60 & 90 (90 was the summer months with the AC keeping my house at 72).

So yes some people give a shit about power. Those people are typically called Grown Ups.

yeah, im in a 3200+ sq ft two story + full basement house built well complete with pool and hottub that runs year round....., we also save where we can, i also changed out most of the bulbs to CCFL.....and no matter what we do our power bill is always $200-$350, on the high end in summer peak months because we keep it about 72 degrees also, i like my power bill low but i like my comforts more and am willing to pay for them

i also do not obsess over it, nor do i buy a video card for one of my pc's based on a few less watts....because it's not going to make a huge difference either way....and i would rather pay $5 more on my energy bill every month to run a better video card.....

i also dont consider $25 under newegg shipped retail to be a HOT deal, i bet you do based on your statements

Last edited:

NICE!!

I wish I could pull that off myself :(

I also jumped the gun and bit on this card; I would consider either the gtx460 768mb @ $90 or a 5870 @ $200 within my price range. I hope I made a good choice with the 6850 though, I didn't realize it but apparently the 6870 runs noticeably cooler: http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-crossfirex-review/5

In maybe 3-4 months I'd like to CF the setup, maybe I can pick up the second card sub-$100 :)

Its still is a good deal. You will enjoy it. Congrats

my point was most people dont care to know and do not make purchasing decisions based on power consumption. if you are pinching wattage from your system this is not the card for you anyways.

and also $25 is a small price to pay to get it new from newegg as opposed to new from ebay and risking a warranty issue or whatnot......

i do not and i would guess most here do not consider $25 under newegg shipped price to be a HOT deal....at least not if the other "HOT" deals are any indicator

im not hating on anyone.....you guys saw red when it wasn't there to be seen...

yeah, im in a 3200+ sq ft two story + full basement house built well complete with pool and hottub that runs year round....., we also save where we can, i also changed out most of the bulbs to CCFL.....and no matter what we do our power bill is always $200-$350, on the high end in summer peak months because we keep it about 72 degrees also, i like my power bill low but i like my comforts more and am willing to pay for them

i also do not obsess over it, nor do i buy a video card for one of my pc's based on a few less watts....because it's not going to make a huge difference either way....and i would rather pay $5 more on my energy bill every month to run a better video card.....

i also dont consider $25 under newegg shipped retail to be a HOT deal, i bet you do based on your statements

Why so mad bro? Card works fine here, have my newegg invoice and everything so I am 99% sure I can RMA this if I need to. Stop hating on everyone else for getting in on this sick deal.

Why so mad bro? Card works fine here, have my newegg invoice and everything so I am 99% sure I can RMA this if I need to. Stop hating on everyone else for getting in on this sick deal.

Pay attention and read my post before you reply...bro........there's no hate....lol

Pay attention and read my post before you reply...bro........there's no hate....lol

You said & I will quote it
anyone who is into pc gaming enough to even give a crap or know how much any card consumes is not going to give a crap about how much power it consumes.....nobody cares bro....so just dont go there......i dont know any pc gamer who is bragging about how their pc uses 50 less watts than another because of their choice of video card, so just stop

So dont try to think that you know what everyone else thinks..

a single card in a bunch of other high drain devices being energy efficient wont make a difference.. But when you look at everything with that view point it makes a substantial difference. In my case that was 480 dollars a year difference.. Thats an extra couple upgrades just for thinking about the energy shit consumes when making purchases.

You said & I will quote it

So dont try to think that you know what everyone else thinks..

a single card in a bunch of other high drain devices being energy efficient wont make a difference.. But when you look at everything with that view point it makes a substantial difference. In my case that was 480 dollars a year difference.. Thats an extra couple upgrades just for thinking about the energy shit consumes when making purchases.

You conviently omitted my post since then where I bolded the word MOST people don't care.....just to clarify, because someone will always take something that someone says and tries to apply it to "everybody". Obviously you are one of a very few people who would even take the time to look into it and actually try to measure any perceived returns on such a move......my point was MOST people don't care to know about wattage of a video card and therefore MOST people don't make purchasing decisions based on power consumption. Even less people that would buy an enthusiast grade video card such as this one, would shy away from say a 460GTX in exchange for a HD6850 in order to save a few Watts and in return save a few dollars per year because they will buy the one that performs the best wattage be damned.

So while I may have incorrectly characterized "everyone" in my initial post, I guess I just assumed most of the assumed intelligent members here would understand of course I don't mean everyone. .........

Enjoy your spare watts bro. I'll be the typical American and go for the bigger more power hungry card and spend a few extra dollars per year to get it and enjoy it while doing it. :)

Well, not that I know firsthand but if you must, CF 6850's are pretty beastly in raw performance numbers and outperform top-tier single card solutions at lower cost and probably (still) lower power consumption :)

You conviently omitted my post since then where I bolded the word MOST people don't care.....just to clarify, because someone will always take something that someone says and tries to apply it to "everybody". Obviously you are one of a very few people who would even take the time to look into it and actually try to measure any perceived returns on such a move......my point was MOST people don't care to know about wattage of a video card and therefore MOST people don't make purchasing decisions based on power consumption. Even less people that would buy an enthusiast grade video card such as this one, would shy away from say a 460GTX in exchange for a HD6850 in order to save a few Watts and in return save a few dollars per year because they will buy the one that performs the best wattage be damned.

So while I may have incorrectly characterized "everyone" in my initial post, I guess I just assumed most of the assumed intelligent members here would understand of course I don't mean everyone. .........

Enjoy your spare watts bro. I'll be the typical American and go for the bigger more power hungry card and spend a few extra dollars per year to get it and enjoy it while doing it. :)

Come to Daddy, I'll give you a hug...

Some day you will have to pay your own electric bill and will understand.

Some day you will have to pay your own electric bill and will understand.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036714413&postcount=25

next time try harder :rolleyes: , i dont see an electric bill under $200 a month except when something screwy with the meter reader happens....

Oh give me a break. It's a difference of what, pennies a month?

yes, finally another logical soul in the thread.....im not going to give up performance when i am looking to add a performance video card to my pc in the name of a couple bucks a month....

but thats not even what this thread is about, its about the "Hawt" deal that is a mere $25 below Newegg shipped price. i dont need $25 bad enough to take the risk on what is basically a $200 purchase.....yeah, im the fat lazy dumb american, i can do that, get over it while i go turn on a bunch of lights and appliances im not using right now, because i can

look personally i could give a rats arse about the wattage hence i run a gtx 480 lol. but i dont think we should look down on people who try to stay a bit more green. who cares, but green people shouldnt try to lecture us about the pennies we could be saving. just move on gentlemen. this is a helluva deal. two of these in crossfire generally out performs a 5970 :eek:

Back