HELP! Setting up Cisco 871w wireless

Hi all, I just picked up a Cisco 871w and didn't realize the complexity of Cisco routers beforehand. I have been able to get the wired network setup with WAN actiivty and wireless turned off. When I try setting up the wireless I get confused/lost and the WAN activity stops working for the PC's wired in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I only have experience setting up linksys routers :(

Yea I decided to buy one b/c I was tired of the shitty quality of the consumer based routers. I use the IOS almost everyday at work in some form or another. Configuring the WAN port and the integrated switch took me 2 minutes, however trying to dive into the wireless setup was WAY over my head. I was doing everything through the command line IOS but there is a SDM GUI configuration but I heard nothing good comes from that. The wireless config is VERY detailed you can even tell your access point how much power to throw at the antenna and what modes to support at what bandwidth. You can also set up to 16 different VLANS and SSIDs for each one visible or not.

The SDM is pretty good on the cisco 871 series. I've used it on a few 871s we have setup. Can't comment on the wireless though as all of the ones we have used are the non-wireless ones.

Everything is up and running at the moment. I appreciate all the help guys. Now if this thing could broadcast two SSID's :rolleyes:

Back