Limp Gawd
My system:

e6600
Intel BOXDP965LTCK
2x1GB
GeForce 7600GS
1-2 HDD SATA
2 DVD-ROMs

I will not be overclocking, I'm not a gamer. I was gonna get a 600w psu but after reading some of the posts here, I think that's a little overkill. So I was thinking 450w-500w, or is that still too much?...oh and i don't see myself adding/upgrading any thing. this system is gonna be it for 10 years.:eek:

You're right 600W would be overkill. You could get the previous mentioned Corsair HX 520 or any PSU around the 500W range should be good. Just make sure you dont buy a $15 PSU, because you do want something thats gonna last. Just make sure you buy a good quality PSU. I would not recommend Antec. I have not had good luck with them, and many others in the forums here.

For that rig Seasonic S12 380W would be just fine. If you however plan upgrades (CPU + GPU + ram + HDD), take one of these: Seasonic S12 500W / Silverstone Element 500W Plus / Corsair HX 520W. All thre are great, decide which one you like better and you're fine. If you don't plan upgrades there's really no need for anything more than Seasonic S12 380W.

Back