[H]yperion CE-R CREE P4 LED Flashlight - $29 + $3 shipping

magnetik

Staff member
Don't know if many of you guys are into flashlights.. but here is a great deal for one.
Makes a great add on for the toolkit. It's on promo right now until the 25th.
This has a few more features than a normal flashlight btw.

Hyperion CE-R Cree LED Flashlight

1xCR123 battery - 5 Levels

New Cree LED Flashlight, excellent fit and finish, 5 levels including strobe and SOS.

Features:

- Using Cree P4 LED and reflector, fixed focus
- Surface: Type III hard anodized finish, highly durable
- 5 Output Levels: 60 lumens -> 30 lumens -> 140 lumens -> Strobe(15Hz) -> SOS
- Water-resistant 10 meters
- Uses one CR123A or RCR123 Rechargeable battery
- Reliable twist switch
- Size - 6.9cm L, 2cm diameter
- Weight: 35 g (excluding batteries)
- LED: CREE 7090 XR-E
- Reflector: orange peel finish
- Body: T6061 aluminum CNC processing, HA III Natural finish
- Voltage: 0.8V - 4.2V
- Flat bottom for Tailstand

Forum posts

Hyperion CE-R Flashlight - $29

pics rehosted from supertactical.
ce-r3.jpg

ce-r4.jpg

ce-r6.jpg

They have these at Microcenter that are nearly identical for $5.. except they take 3x AAA batteries. Home Depot has them as well for $6. Not the same brand, but just as good of quality.

They have these at Microcenter that are nearly identical for $5.. except they take 3x AAA batteries. Home Depot has them as well for $6. Not the same brand, but just as good of quality.

Uh...yeah....sure :rolleyes:

CR123 is a big turnoff. I'm still pretty satisfied with my rexlight :D

Uh...yeah....sure :rolleyes:
Uh...yea.....go to the store and look. :rolleyes:

Why be so negative and immature without even knowing? Show a little respect. It seems like everyone on here is a critical tightwad sometimes. :(

these aren't the same as the ones from Frys.. believe me.. I know.. been through plenty of those. I like the Inovas from there though but they aren't $6. However none of the ones at Frys are Cree LED's... heck most aren't even Luxeon's... and NONE of them have 5 modes and are water resistant. If you want a real LED flashlight.. AA and AAA are not going to cut it. Just FYI. Most people that aren't [H]'s would be happy with a $6 led light.. not me. I have went through too many multiple led lights only to find out they were shit compared to my Nuwaii LuxeonV (and that flashlight was not all that)

I've had my cheap one for about a year and I even use it in a radioactive environment. :p

MagLite ftw... forever :D

I've seen tons of competitors, owned quite a few over the years, but still to this day nothing is as reliable or trustworthy to me as a MagLite. I own several currently and when I get 'em I never get rid of 'em.

I put it in the same category as Gatorade: Gatorade was formulated in the early 1960's, and even in today's high tech world where new products are coming out every day, not one "sports drink" that's ever hit the market shelf next to Gatorade has ever matched or improved on the formula.

Two American classics that anyone would have a damned hard time improving upon. And yes, there are white LED MagLites out nowadays too. :)

These are an entirely different class of products. Sort of like comparing a freebie OEM heatsink to a quality precision machined Zalman or some other high end brand one. There is really no comparison. If you actually got your hands on and used a high end LED flashlight or a high end laser for a little while you would quickly realize that the $5 ones are garbage in comparison.

Nice deal mag - I'm getting one. :)

These are an entirely different class of products. Sort of like comparing a freebie OEM heatsink to a quality precision machined Zalman or some other high end brand one. There is really no comparison. If you actually got your hands on and used a high end LED flashlight or a high end laser for a little while you would quickly realize that the $5 ones are garbage in comparison.

Nice deal mag - I'm getting one. :)

Partially agree. The materials used aren't top notch like some brands, but the cheap ones from Microcenter and Home Depot have lasted every bit as long as my expensive ones. So for someone looking for a [H]otDeal, the cheap route is the way to go. Most people don't want to spend $25+ on a simple LED flashlight. They would rather spend $5.

MagLite ftw... forever

I've seen tons of competitors, owned quite a few over the years, but still to this day nothing is as reliable or trustworthy to me as a MagLite.

Agreed. I've only had one MagLite ever go bad on me and it was because I used shitty batteries that corroded the inside. Still managed to hammer the batteries out and attempted to give it an acid bath and it still worked after I cleaned it off - but I broke a small piece while putting it back together :p

MagLite ftw... forever :D

I've seen tons of competitors, owned quite a few over the years, but still to this day nothing is as reliable or trustworthy to me as a MagLite. I own several currently and when I get 'em I never get rid of 'em.

I just upgraded my old reliable mag lite with an LED bulb which seriously increased its light output.

So for someone looking for a [H]otDeal, the cheap route is the way to go. Most people don't want to spend $25+ on a simple LED flashlight. They would rather spend $5.

That's kinda like saying that most people don't want to spend $400 on a new video card when a TNT2 is only $10. The videocards probably will last forever and they both do similar things.. but one does it a lot better. Reliability and build quality is one thing.. but brightness and tint of the LED's matter to me. I am not questioning the reliability of the cheap ones.. but the quality of the light of the CREE and Luxeon Star led's are a LOT brighter and whiter than your typical AA bubble LED light. $29 is actually very cheap compared to the other torches in it's class.

Like others said.. these are not marketed to people looking for cheap LEDs torches. It's for, you could say, [H]arder members that require all the bells and whistles.. like regulated power, water resistance, high lumen output, throw, multiple modes, etc. I think the best your gonna get with a $6 is on or off if you are lucky. hehe

Thank you for the post regarding the Cree based flashlight. The only turn off is the 123 based power source.

Thank you for the post regarding the Cree based flashlight. The only turn off is the 123 based power source.

They have 2 packs of protected 16340's (which it also takes) for $1. Heck you can even get the charger for $6 if you wanted...just fyi Most higher end LEDs require more juice than AA's provide.. unless you make some battery packs.

http://www.supertactical.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=49
http://www.supertactical.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=64

They have 2 packs of protected 16340's (which it also takes) for $1. Heck you can even get the charger for $6 if you wanted...just fyi Most higher end LEDs require more juice than AA's provide.. unless you make some battery packs.

http://www.supertactical.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=49
http://www.supertactical.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=64

Great point. Thanks to your persuasive argument, I purchased the flashlight, charger and battery. I have a weakness for flashlights.

I have a Fenix L1D and am very impressed with the Cree LEDs.
My other "tactical" light is a Surefire L4, and it uses a Luxeon LED.

To the naked eye, both appear about the same brightness, even though the Surefire is rated at 65 lumens, and the Fenix is rated at 90 lumens.

The Fenix wins in the fact that is has multiple modes, brightnesses, and is more easily pocketable.

For $29, this Hyperion is a steal!

P.S.
Also nice to see another CPF member here!

thanks guys, I just bit on the light, charger, and batteries.

I want to carry this on me at all times as I often am in need of a flashlight. What's the best way to go about this, keychain? Pocket? Belt Loop? I am a flashlight noob but want to get more into it.

Uh...yea.....go to the store and look. :rolleyes:

Why be so negative and immature without even knowing? Show a little respect. It seems like everyone on here is a critical tightwad sometimes. :(

No, seriously-they aren't the same at all. These Chinese lights use very powerful and efficient LEDs, and are pretty cheap for what you get.

My little AA cree xr-e rexlight never ceases to amaze all my friends at the sheer light output coming from such a small object. It's pretty incredible.

If you want to check out some really cool LED flashlights, look here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Oh wow...quite cheap. However, I'm not going to buy non AA flashlights from now on since I already own the very expensive Ultrafire 14500s+charger :p

Ultrafire batteries huh... they made by Sony? :D

Thanks for the link, looks like a sweet flashlight... wish I had some extra fun spending money to get one :(

No, seriously-they aren't the same at all. These Chinese lights use very powerful and efficient LEDs, and are pretty cheap for what you get.

My little AA cree xr-e rexlight never ceases to amaze all my friends at the sheer light output coming from such a small object. It's pretty incredible.

If you want to check out some really cool LED flashlights, look here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=45
I was merely sharing my experiences and what I can see. I own several expensive flashlights I use for hunting and work. I am well aware of the quality, brightness levels, battery standards, etc. I was merely pointing out if someone wants a small flashlight for super cheap, the $5 ones work great with very similar results. I've seen people cry and bitch over costly items here in the HotDeals section, so I was showing alternatives for those people who don't want to spend the higher amount of money on a small hand held flashlight. :)

I was merely sharing my experiences and what I can see. I own several expensive flashlights I use for hunting and work. I am well aware of the quality, brightness levels, battery standards, etc. I was merely pointing out if someone wants a small flashlight for super cheap, the $5 ones work great with very similar results. I've seen people cry and bitch over costly items here in the HotDeals section, so I was showing alternatives for those people who don't want to spend the higher amount of money on a small hand held flashlight. :)

Fair enough. I probably came off as a little too harsh on that first post :p

For anyone looking for a really high end single AA light, check out the dexlight/rexlight: http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2888
https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=1359

Fantastic little lights for the money.

This isn't the cheap deals forum. It is the hot deals forum. A place for good deals, not just cheap stuff.

from various forums it seems like this light doesn't have a very efficient circuit and runs hot and only around 20-30 mins on high. can anyone confirm this? is this light still worth picking up?

from various forums it seems like this light doesn't have a very efficient circuit and runs hot and only around 20-30 mins on high. can anyone confirm this? is this light still worth picking up?

don't know about the circuitry but 145+ lumens on high off a single cr123 for 20-30min is good enough for me. but I would prob never leave it on high for that long at one time anyways. it's rather blinding at full brightness and I really don't need it that bright when I open up my case .

Yeah. 110 lumens from a rexlight is enough to temporarily blind someone in the dark-I can't even imagine what 140 lumens would be like.

30-50 lumen modes usually provide more than enough light to do anything-anything higher is overkill. That's where the brightness UI really comes in handy on these flashlights.

Cool, thanks guys. This'll be my first real LED light; I'm pretty new with this kind of stuff :p

I've got a couple of cheapy wal-mart LED lights that are going on 7+ years, still running with the 2 AA that they came with. I also have a 2-D LED Maglite, which has interchangeable 3W LED and krypton bulbs. I also bought a LED conversion for my old AA mini Maglite which I keep in the car. They all come in handy.

I might have to get one of these, but I'd have to buy a couple of batteries and a charger with it. How long does a RCR123 battery hold it's charge when not used?

said 4 to 8 days.. I am on my 6th not counting the day I ordered. will let ya know of I get it soon.

You probably won't receive it in 4-8 days-that's for sure.

Asian businesses like supertactical have much lower standards when it comes to processing and shipping orders. You're not going to get scammed or anything, but it can take a while sometimes. It's simply the price you pay for buying lights from China at cheap prices.

Most people over at CPF say orders from supertactical take about 2-3 weeks to arrive, so be patient and just wait. You got in on a nice deal on a solid light, and that alone should make you happy :p

It took me about 3 months to receive my rexlight from kaidomain. Slow as hell, yes, but the company still supported me the whole way there, giving me several opportunities to have my order canceled and money refunded due to delays. Like I said, slow service is just the price you pay for ordering lights from overseas. My suggestion is to just sit back and forget about it-soon enough you'll have a surprise package in your mailbox :p

On another note...that 4-8 days is pretty deceptive advertising. The only way they could get it out that fast would be with EMS shipping, and that alone would probably cost $20.

If I had known that before ordering, I would have not ordered from there. I expect it in 4-8 days (which is what they said) and they will be getting negative feedback at every possible venue if that is not met. It's well worth another $10 to have my light coming sometime this year.

If I had known that before ordering, I would have not ordered from there. I expect it in 4-8 days (which is what they said) and they will be getting negative feedback at every possible venue if that is not met. It's well worth another $10 to have my light coming sometime this year.

Here is a US retailer: http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2892

There is a lot of information in this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=170066&highlight=ce-r

And finally, a review of the light is up. http://www.lightreviews.info/hyperion_ce-r/review.html

People who ordered the light when it came out (7/20) are receiving it now, so add a few days to whenever you ordered it and you should have a good idea.

Back