GTX 1070 Water cooling options...

gsilver

Gawd
I'm looking to build an NCase M1 system (a SFF case with limited space; it will fit reference PCBs), and I'm looking to minimize the noise in it. The options for the video card are:

GTX 1070 (reference PCB) with an Arctic Accelero Hybrid III
or
MSI GTX 1070 Sea Hawk X

Which is likely to be quieter?

They're both going to be pretty similar on pump noise, and will vary on fan noise based on what fans you pick.

I wouldn't worry about noise so much as what will actually fit. It's going to be super tight in that size case.

Hm. That does look a lot better than the Arctic cooler. I found one review comparing the two, and the fans tended to stay lower, as well.
Though, installation looks pretty involved.

Hm. That does look a lot better than the Arctic cooler. I found one review comparing the two, and the fans tended to stay lower, as well.
Though, installation looks pretty involved.
I think steve bumbled it a bit in the video, it really shouldn't be that hard. especially if you get the whole line up of qdc items they have. that builder chose to change out to standard g1/4 compression fittings but the unit comes fully assembled like in the GN video. you can get an eisbear to pair up with it for a completely self-contained system, no need for an external res! and because the connectors are standard compression fittings you can shorten the tubes to length if you want while still using the QDCs! $250 for a complete and upgradeable/expandable loop isn't too bad! also, the way the gpu block is and with the way they develop the nexxos version, they may be upgradeable in the future just by changing out the heatsink part. here is the eisbear 240mm cpu aio that pairs up with the eiswolf and a video showing how simple it is(he uses the eiswolf aio):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9F94RN9206

Last edited:
Well, I think that I'll start with the Sea Hawk (it wasn't that much more than other reference pcb cards) and if that's too loud, try swapping it with the Alphacool.

I'll try swapping the radiator fan before going that far, though.

The pump noise is pretty reasonable on the Sea Hawk, but the default radiator fan is loud. It's OK after swapping it out with a better optimized one.
The fan on the video card itself isn't so much loud as it is irritating. It makes somewhat of a buzzing noise and won't park at idle (minimum of 30%).

A solution without that videocard fan certainly seems preferable.

On the plus side, temperatures are low and it didn't spin up much at all during gameplay, during a brief test). Running a Silent Wings 3 fan at 50% on the radiator, temps didn't go above 45 degrees during a half-hour of gameplay.

This is testing in my old case; I'm still waiting on the Ncase.

Back