Got Nostalgic yesterday

Randy6309

Weaksauce
I was digging through a box of old stuff and found a AMD Palomino chip and a dual core Opteron. Thought back to the days of spending marathon sessions overclocking these chips.
My first overclocking was a Clawhammer it was the big bad single core. The crazy cooling systems endless sessions of stress testing. Blue screens of death
The good old days!!
A picture of my old OC’ing rig think a dual core opteron was in it
and a modified coolit freezone

Attachments

• 816$$IMG_0150.jpeg
    816$$IMG_0150.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was digging through a box of old stuff and found a AMD Palomino chip and a dual core Opteron. Thought back to the days of spending marathon sessions overclocking these chips.
My first overclocking was a Clawhammer it was the big bad single core. The crazy cooling systems endless sessions of stress testing. Blue screens of death
The good old days!!
A picture of my old OC’ing rig think a dual core opteron was in it
and a modified coolit freezone
Which opteron? Looks like a dfi lanparty board.

Man some day it would be fun to hunt one of them down. My first opteron was a 165.

Last edited:
Opteron 165
Don't remember which DFI board it was, DFI love them or hate them they had some kicks ars boards

Yeah, the old days!!! I overclocked a Celeron 566 with a "celery sandwich" DIY watercooling system with a Peltier device on the chip. The pump failed to start one time at a LAN party, the Peltier boiled the water in the waterblock (a heatsink with plate aluminum epoxied around it) so the block sprung a leak and flooded my computer. Fortunately, the Vaseline I'd slathered everywhere to keep frost from forming on the cold side of the Peltier melted and protected everything... I borrowed a heatsink and was back at it ten minutes later

Back