Google is so desperate for iPhone owners to buy Pixel Fold that it'll pay top dollar for your old Apple phone

kac77

2[H]4U

Google is so desperate for iPhone owners to buy Pixel Fold that it'll pay top dollar for your old Apple phone

By Oliver Haslam

Looking at Google's Pixel Fold and wishing that Apple would make its own iPhone bend in the middle? That isn't going to happen any time soon it seems, but Google is making it extremely tempting to jump ship and get that Pixel Fold instead of waiting.

Trading in your old iPhone for a brand-new Pixel Fold could be the way to go if you're keen to see what all the fuss is about, it seems. Google is offering some big trade-in values if you're carrying around a flagship iPhone — and it's paying so much that even the Pixel Fold's $1,799 asking price suddenly seems less daunting.

Last edited:

Google is so desperate for iPhone owners to buy Pixel Fold that it'll pay top dollar for your old Apple phone​

By Oliver Haslam

Looking at Google's Pixel Fold and wishing that Apple would make its own iPhone bend in the middle? That isn't going to happen any time soon it seems, but Google is making it extremely tempting to jump ship and get that Pixel Fold instead of waiting.

Trading in your old iPhone for a brand-new Pixel Fold could be the way to go if you're keen to see what all the fuss is about, it seems. Google is offering some big trade-in values if you're carrying around a flagship iPhone — and it's paying so much that even the Pixel Fold's $1,799 asking price suddenly seems less daunting.
?

Here's the link to the actual article:
https://www.imore.com/iphone/google...-itll-pay-top-dollar-for-your-old-apple-phone

I mean, I can trade in pretty much any old phone right now and get a brand new iPhone for free at T-Mobile. I don't think Apple is desperate for my business that they need my old Pixel that bad.

Plus, what do you expect a website called "imore" to say? If I wanted biased news about Android, I'd just go to Androidpolice or Androidauthority.

I've heard good things from people using the Fold devices, but the asking price is far too much. If Google is trying to make it seem like a better deal then good on them. Clearly they need to lower the price of the Fold.

I've heard good things from people using the Fold devices, but the asking price is far too much. If Google is trying to make it seem like a better deal then good on them. Clearly they need to lower the price of the Fold.

If it were $1200, I'd think about it. At $1800 for a 1st gen device? No thanks. Hopefully they keep the aspect ratio though. I like the 5.8" front screen.

Google Fi is advertising the fold for $1100 after 24 months payment. I assume they will credit you $700 once it is paid off?

Or is the fine print you have to trade in something?
Doesn't say anything about trade in. They probably give you $50 bucks credit for trade in. They got the 6a for $200 ATM. Might upgrade to that. My USB port is giving me trouble again. Like with ever pixie phone. I should try and hold out for a 7a for cheap.

Last edited:
Doesn't say anything about trade in. They probably give you $50 bucks credit for trade in. They got the 6a for $200 ATM. Might upgrade to that. My USB port is giving me trouble again. Like with ever pixie phone. I should try and hold out for a 7a for cheap.

The 6a was a pretty good phone for me. I only got rid of it because Google was selling the P7 for $449 last month.

As I found out a long time ago, trade-ins are typically only if the phone is in what they consider "good" condition. Charging port no longer works (which mine stopped about a year into the phone), not applicable, back glass broken in some way (because serious fuck that designer that thought glass was a good substance to use on the BACK of a phone), not applicable. My screen is flawless, but yeah... there's a reason why I'm almost on year 7 with my Galaxy S8 :D

Honestly I’d rather an iPad Pro Mini with cellular capabilities and a the phone apps in addition to the iPad ones.
The fold concept seems like an expensive and fragile way to make something try to be two things at once.

Hard pass. Though a replaceable battery (like my old Galaxy S2) might make it barely above a pass.

$1800 for something that shuts off from overheating in 2-3 minutes shooting UHD60 video? LOOOOOL! 🙃

Had my iphone for a year now and already been saying im over this paying so much for a damn phone. Gonna start keeping these things until they die, the upgrading is so minor anymore it isnt worth it to me.

Had my iphone for a year now and already been saying im over this paying so much for a damn phone. Gonna start keeping these things until they die, the upgrading is so minor anymore it isnt worth it to me.
At this point, the difference is the Camera and where they moved the volume buttons too.

I am more interested in the Motorola razr 40 ultra ... I might be tempted to leap from apple if that device ends up being as nice as it looks.. I guess it launches June 1st...

Some big but minor upgrades over the Fold line.
Love the 5.8" front screen and what that entails for the inner screen.
Still no internal storage for a stylus and no IP66.
No 10x telephoto lense.
No weekend long battery even if just on the front screen.

I want to love foldable due to my job, but they are still years away.
I'll continue to still with the Galaxy Ultra line.

Back