Gigabyte P35x v7 thoughts/opinions?

illram

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone have this? Came out this year. 1070, i7, 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM (not dual channel...) The v6 model (exact same except Skylake) had about 5.5 hours battery for web browsing and light use, which is not bad for a "gaming" laptop that you want to double as a mobile office/web PC. Does get lava hot however.

Wondering whether anyone has this and can tell me whether it still has NVidia Optimus, like the last version? Trying to decide between this and the smaller Aero 14. Of course if anyone has this thing and has any impressions that would be grand.

I have this laptop and overall I am happy with it. One thing that is very frustrating is that Gigabyte has disabled wake on usb mouse/keyboard so if you want to use the laptop as a desktop replacement you will need to leave the lid open so you can press the power button or any key on the built in keyboard to wake the laptop.

Contacted Gigabyte and it seems to be a hardware limitation. Again very frustrated after paying $2,000 for a laptop you should have basic functionality to wake the system using a usb mouse/keyboard.

Back