Limp Gawd
My current setups are:
27" 1440p 144 mhz freesync IPS
34" UW 1440p 100 mhz freesync VA
34" UW 1440p 100 mhz gysnc IPS

Sold:
40" 4K TV
32" 4K freesync HDR

I'm thinking the perfect monitor for me right now is a 1440p 144hz HDR10 freesync 2 with a sync range of 20-144. 10 bit panel IPS for the next 2 years.

I sit about 3 ft from the screens and I found the 32/40 inch monitors too big. Going back to 60 mhz was unacceptable, driving 4K at max detail too expensive. 4k at less than 32" makes no sense from that distance.

Sadly nobody currently makes what I'm looking for and it didn't exist in CES. Am I the only one looking for a monitor with the specs? Asus/LG have something so close but they're all GSYNC and I refuse to pay the NVIDIA tax for another monitor with a gsync module that doesn't work with AMD cards

Epic long time lurker here. That's more or less what I'm looking for, with the added commentary that I don't expect much from any HDR claims from a non-OLED set with less than 1k nits. I wish researching monitors were easier, but I haven't found a monitor database that is comprehensive and detailed enough on the specs.

The CRG9 Super Ultrawide is 1440P, HDR10, etc.

To me, it looks like the best of everything, but I'm worried it's going to be $2k

Epic long time lurker here. That's more or less what I'm looking for, with the added commentary that I don't expect much from any HDR claims from a non-OLED set with less than 1k nits. I wish researching monitors were easier, but I haven't found a monitor database that is comprehensive and detailed enough on the specs.

I have the last gen Vizio P series 65 inch TV and FALD with 512 zones is pretty damn good. The newest generation, p-series quantum can get up to 2000 nits, ~900 sustained 100%... but its easier to get that brightness on a TV since the pixels aren't as dense allowing more light to get through.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-quantum

Back