Gaming across two screens (one horizontal, one vertical) possible?

So, I have two screens, a 34” ultra wide (horizontal), and a 27” (vertical), where the 34” is my main screen. I was wondering if it would be possible to extend my game window to my 27” vertical screen.

Now, I know most people would say that it would look screwy, even if I got it up and running somehow, however I have seen it done using a program called softTH3. However it seems like any development if softTH3 ended about three years ago.

Anyways, just wondering if any of you knew of a program, or process that allowed for this.

Not that I know of. Some (rare few) games are natively capable of handling multi-monitors, but typically this is used for... asymmetrical purposes. In other words, primary play space on one monitor, inventory or map management on the other monitor.

It's possible you could try and convince this to work if the vertical resolution of both monitors is the same, but that will *not* be the case if your 27" is turned vertical.

A 34" ultrawide is likely 2560x1080 or 3440x1440 resolution, which is either 1080 or 1440 vertical resolution.
Your 27" monitor is likely 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 resolution, but turned vertically that makes the 1920 and 2560 the vertical axis, neither of which lines up nicely with the 1080/1440.

If everything was installed horizontally, then it might be more possible to combine things. If everything was x1080 then you could have a combined resolution of 4480x1080, or if everything was x1440 then 6000x1440 might be possible. But that's only in a fully horizontal layout, and it would put the centerpoint of your monitor 2240px or 3000px to the side of the ultrawide monitor, or around 1/8 away from the edge. It'd be very weird.

humm yeah, I guess it's one of those tings that sounds simple in theory, but difficult to actually program for. Dang..
Thanks tho

Back