Games start on wrong monitor

thebufenator

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have 3 monitors, 2x 1080P monitors and a 1440P monitor.

I use the 1440P one for gaming. Most games don't cause problems, but Wolfenstein New order is.

It starts on my 3rd monitor. 1080P. No idea why, as my 1440P monitor is set to the "main" display in the Windows Control panel. I can't get it over to my larger monitor unless I use borderless window mode. But then it won't allow a higher resolution than 1080P. wtf.

Why does this game act like this? No other game does this to me. Suggestions?

I played wolfenstein and it didnt happen. It does happen for me on witcher 3, I think it sets the setting to display only on the wrong monitor.

suggestion would be maybe an ini file update or something

there's a setting in most games saying which monitor to select.

Other option would be, if you're not using the other two in game, turn them off before launching the game, yes it's a hassle but doesn't take more than a minute

It doesn't care if the monitor is on or off, always went to that one.

Anyways, the game has a setting that corresponds to the monitor numbers in control panel. derp.

select the monitor you want to use with Windows Key press P at the same time which will allow you to customize what monitor the game will be displayed on.,

I have 2nd monitor for my main monitor for surfing then have my ROG SWIFT for my primary monitor. Just hold down the windows key and press P.

You might have to switch what monitor is primary under the Windows settings.

Back