FS: Alienware M11x laptop

IRSmurf

2[H]4U
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

• $400 shipped. (SOLD)
  • Will ship with Windows 7
  • SU7300 (Core 2 Duo 1.73GHz factory OC)
  • 4GB RAM
  • Vertex 4 128GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GT335m GPU
  • Original power supply
  • An extra power supply, Dell 65W slim. (One to carry, one for home).
  • Laptop stand

I am the original owner of this Alienware M11x. It has a "next business day support" warranty through 2/21/2014.

The M11x's original hinges were poorly designed. They creeked, wore out, and eventually cracked. Thankfully, Dell decided to replace the entire screen (hinges, housing, LCD and all) for anyone who asked. My screen was replaced and the redesigned hinges are smooth, firm, and perfect.

In June 2012, the laptop stopped booting. Dell sent someone out who replaced the hard drive, battery, motherboard, gpu, keyboard... everything but the case. They even replaced the bluetooth module. With the exception of the case and the previously replaced screen, all the hardware in this thing is less than a year old.

Before building my desktop, this M11x drove my 2560x1600 monitor. I bought this monitor specifically because it was one of the only highly portable laptops with the power to drive a 2560x1600 monitor. I put it on the included stand and used it as a desktop.

The included bag fits this laptop like a glove. It doesn't waste any space.

I baby my electronics, so even the case is in very good condition. I need to explain a couple details in the pictures:
The Good:
  • The fan you see on the bottom of the m11x is not full of dust. The shroud behind the fan is white.
  • I took a picture of the keyboard to show how clean it is. Look at your keyboard. Now, back to my m11x. Now back at your keyboard. Now back to the m11x. Sadly, your keyboard isn't nearly as clean as mine. But if you buy this m11x, you can experience a keyboard this clean.

The Bad:
  • There is a scuff on the lid of the laptop. The ribbing on the top of an alienware causes that little ridge to be the tallest part of the lid. I'd called it normal wear and tear for this laptop. I took pictures of the scuff from a variety of angles. I tried my best to exaggerate it.
  • You'll notice the rubber feet have fallen off of each corner. I've never looked into buying replacement feet, but I assume you could replace them if it's important to you.
  • There is a little adhesive gunk around Dell's service tag, as seen on the left. It could easily be wiped off, but I don't really want to remove the faded service tag.

Top: (Click thumbnail to get full sized image)

Bottom:

Keyboard:

Screen:
Flawless!

Colorful!

No dead pixels!

No stuck pixels!

Included Accessories:
Bag:

Documentation:

Original HDD (may be need for warranty purposes):

Box for SSD:

Collapsing laptop stand, useful if you use the laptop as a desktop:

Last edited:
Bump because I miss my m11x and would buy this if my Y470 sold....

Would love to have this but i just bought a y570 and couldn't justify buying another laptop :p

Back