FS: 16gb DDR2 ECC, Opteron 2U, Infiniband & More (BIG Pics)

MotionBlur

[H]ard|Gawd
So right off the batt, I admit to buying stuff, only to play with for a week or two and then move on. Thus the random assortment of parts.

I will accept paypal and ship the next business day after payment via FedEX Ground/Home Delivery Insured. All prices include this shipping option, I will also allow local pickup if you'd prefer and are in the Greater Baltimore Area. My Heat is here: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=24117

So without further adieu:

16gb (8x2gb) of Kingston DDR2 ECC Unbuffered PC2-5300 Memory - Used for less than 30 seconds
Kingston_Memory.jpg

I bought these sticks brand new for my Dual Opteron setup (listed below), but realized after I bought them I goofed and didn't get registered memory. Rather than paying a restocking fee I figured I would just sell them on here. The model for all 8 are KVR667D2E5/2GI. I would like $200 shipped for all them.

Antec ISK-300 + Intel BOXD510MO + 1gb Corsair DDR2-6400
AntecISK300_front.jpg

AntecISK300_back.jpg

AntecISK300_side.jpg

Used this box as a ClearOS firewall for the last 2-3 months and a month or so before that as a HTPC in my dining room. As noted in the pictures, the case is in great shape. Have the original motherboard box as well if you'd like that I'll throw it in. I would like $120 shipped for it.

2xMellanox InfiniHost III EX Dual Port 10gb Infiniband PCIe x4 cards
Mellanox_Infiniband.jpg

Bought both these cards new and got them up and running between Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7, I redid my network last week so I do not need them anymore. Would like $70 shipped for both.

Rackable Systems 2U 4 Hot Swap Bay + Arima NM46X + 2x2214 HE Opterons + 2gb DDR2-667
Rackables_front.jpg

Rackables_inside.jpg

Rackables.jpg

Bought the setup 2-3 weeks ago and got ESXi 4.1 installed and have been running 2 VMs off of it ever since. I moved the motherboard out of the 2U case simply because my wife could not stand the noise factor being so close to the master bedroom. I flashed the bios to the latest 1.08 version. Currently it is in a 4U Norco case, but I will move it back into the 2U case upon purchase. Would like $150 shipped for the case, motherboard, cpus and ram.

What exactly can be done with the Infiniband cards? I am building a file server/encoder slowly and I wanted a fast link from that to my desktop. Can they be directly connected (no switch, like a crossover, both ports?) The desktop will be more like a dumb terminal and act as the server's Blu-ray reader.

Basically you install the Openfabrics drivers and run the subnet manager from one of the machines, I ran the manager on my 2008 r2 machine and then my Windows 7 box was able to see the 2008 machine. Creating an iSCSI share over it seemed to give the best results instead of Samba. I will be honest I didn't much more than 2gb in actual transfers, but still better than twice as fast as gigabit.

I'm mostly interested in a lag-free connection and the best throughput for VNC. The only file transfers will be from the desktop's Blu-ray drive to the server's hard drive, which is enough for 100 mbps ethernet to handle, and preview the videos I've encoded.

I can't comment on that type of streaming, I had my iSCSI share for all of my 720/1080p uncompressed video work and was accessing that inside of Premiere and After Effects from my workstation, it was much better than gigabit in that regard.

Teamed gigabit nics might be your best bet, but I could be wrong.

I had that originally planned, and if that's the easier route I will just go that way. Good luck with your sales!

Haven't gotten a PM back from you from the one I sent last night :confused:

Thanks again.
-Todd

If you only had two servers, for sale. Need to make a cluster for a lab. Bump

Back