FPS Improvements going from a reference 6700xt to a reference 7900xtx

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
So I normally don't upgrade after only one generation, but an absolute sir here on [H] (sketch) was willing to sell me his ref 7900xtx for $825 shipped. I found this price to be fair, being that the venerable 1080ti was in the $700-$800 range and this was several years ago.

Test Setup:
Ryzen 7 7700X
6700XT, 7900XTX
32GB DDR-6000 CL36
Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus Wifi
Corsair RM750x PSU

All benchmarks are at 1440.

Borderlands 3:
Average fps increased 60%, from 97 to 155

Far Cry New Dawn:
Average fps increased 11%, from 131 to 146.
I am going to stop testing with this game, it has always scaled horribly. Or maybe its just CPU limited since its an older game.

Far Cry 6:
Average fps increased 89%, from 92 to 174

God of War (lake scene)
Average fps is the exact same, at around 140s.
This could be because its now CPU dependent, or because I 'bought' it from 'the store' so it didn't get most of the post release patches.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Average fps increased 112%, from 111 to 235

Shadow of Tomb Raider:
Average fps increased 85%, from 124 to 230

Unigine Heaven:
Average fps increased 114%, from 95 to 203.

Jedi: Survivor - Coruscant level
Average fps increased 100%, from 70 to 140

Summary
So there you have it. Improvements of 0, 11, 60, 85, 89, 100, 112, 114%. All in all, I'm really happy with it. Because I used AMD Chill (which I can't recommend enough), it stops working at 120fps, which is extremely easy for this card. Because of that, it's really, really quiet. Especially since I use headphones too.

I really want to pick up a 7900XTX but I can't justify it in any way.

Isn't 7900xtx a 4k targetted gpu?

I'm an AMD brand whose myself..but these results should be expected, no?

Comparing a mid-range 1440p gpu against the top AMD 7900XTX isn't really interesting...so don't take this criticism the wrong way..

Isn't 7900xtx a 4k targetted gpu?

I'm an AMD brand whose myself..but these results should be expected, no?

Comparing a mid-range 1440p gpu against the top AMD 7900XTX isn't really interesting...so don't take this criticism the wrong way..

I think it was less of a review per se so much as a "Here is a card I was satisfied with at this performance level, but this newer top-dog card that I would normally totally ignore fell into my lap for a more-than-reasonable price and it is %this much even better in the games I play!"

I think it was less of a review per se so much as a "Here is a card I was satisfied with at this performance level, but this newer top-dog card that I would normally totally ignore fell into my lap for a more-than-reasonable price and it is %this much even better in the games I play!"

Makes sense..

On a more positive note... I'm jealous as F :ROFLMAO:

This.

I sold my 6700xt for $250 local so the 7900xtx cost me total $575.

I also have a 4k LG C2 55 OLED down here. May hook up my PC to that too

Back