Flashlight Can Cause Skin Burns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris_yo

Limp Gawd
How can smartphone's flashlight burn skin? I never heard about normal flashlight able to do this so how is flashlight in a smartphone different?

Screenshot_20210925-054225_One UI Home.jpg

Flashlights output heat, which can in turn burn your skin.
Any type of flashlight has the potential to do this.

not too long ago we had to deal with exploding phones... man up!

Those tiny LEDs get super hot after being on for a while. You can burn up the LED and kill it if the phone doesn't turn it off automatically and it's run close to or over it's operating limits.

How can smartphone's flashlight burn skin? I never heard about normal flashlight able to do this so how is flashlight in a smartphone different?

View attachment 421385
Most of the time flashlights aren't left on long enough to cause burns. However, they all have the potential to do so if used continuously for enough time. In fact, your Surefire lights (weaponlights and handhelds) are marked to this effect with a "caution hot" or something like that on the head.

Wait, I just realized that it's when skin comes in contact with flashlight. Didn't pay attention and assumed they meant when flashlight is in a close contact with skin, thinking light itself can burn skin. Not when it touches the skin... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back