First ATT now Facebook

As the minutes pass by, I find myself feeling better though. I wonder if there's a correlation?

Hmm, just clicked on mine and it worked fine. Havent been on all morning so maybe they already fixed it?

Yeah it's working now #Damn

Screenshot_20240305-103049.png

Facebook has one of these every so often, at least one every two years, usually not more than two a year.

IMHO, from my time working there, their systems are not robust against deployment errors. It isn't hard to deploy changes that make it very difficult to undeploy the changes, because the deployment systems rely on production systems. If you break production, you can't use the push button deployment to revert, and if you did all your deploys through push button deployment, you don't have the knowledge to do it manually --- and you probably can't access the wiki either, because you broke production authentication. FB invented a word for this: clowntown.

Facebook has one of these every so often, at least one every two years, usually not more than two a year.

IMHO, from my time working there, their systems are not robust against deployment errors. It isn't hard to deploy changes that make it very difficult to undeploy the changes, because the deployment systems rely on production systems. If you break production, you can't use the push button deployment to revert, and if you did all your deploys through push button deployment, you don't have the knowledge to do it manually --- and you probably can't access the wiki either, because you broke production authentication. FB invented a word for this: clowntown.
You ever meet Zuckerberg?

I just checked and Facebook won't take my user name or password. Oh,Wait. I don't have that crap. Cool. :ROFLMAO:

You ever meet Zuckerberg?
Kind of sorta. In some meetings with him, but never conversations. As an acquired employee, I'm almost never gonna like the new boss (and it is easy to not like him), but I apprechiated the paychecks, and it was nice not having to worry about server costs anymore.

Back