Finally got 3D Vision working on my S27A950D

3D vision...damn that is best gaming experience ever! I need to get a card again so I can use it :D
This post is going to cost me money..must look for a used 570!

Does this require the nvidia emitter? Or can you use the emulator? I have an S27A750D, would love to have 3D vision working. Not a huge fan of Tridef, especially with an nvidia card since it can only do side by side.

No emitter needed you can use the glasses that come with the monitor. You simply have to install the modfied inf, reboot and enable 3d vision via the control panel. Once this is done just turn on frame sequential through the monitors on screen display.

Last edited:
Thanks for telling me about this. I got it to work, though it's pretty flaky on the 750. I get the infamous "Not optimal display settings" message fairly often while playing Borderlands 2. I've also had the display turn off a few times, like it lost the signal from the PC.

I must say though, 3D vision looks really amazing on this. I owned both of the original 22" 120hz monitors - the Viewsonic VX2268WM and the Samsung 2233RZ. 3D vision wasn't really anything to write home about on those, mainly due to how dark they got while playing. On this Samsung everything is still so bright and vibrant while in 3D mode. Makes me wonder what the newer lightboost monitors are like while playing in 3D.

I have also had my display shut off while exiting/entering 3D mode. I'm not sure what causes this. I'm enjoying the 3D but the flakiness is a bit annoying.

Does this inf hack work with a regular dlp 3d led tv like my samsung hlt-6187S?

Has anyone found a way to enable 3d vision mode with this set (and dlp-link glasses)? (I also have the mits 3d converter box to go from side by side to checkerboard etc)..

Thanks

Can the OP explain how to do it? I looked the link, I don't understand how to do this still...

Back