FANG BattleBox

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
Have you guys seen this case? I was surfing the net looking up ideas for a suitcase/briefcase type build I had in mind when I ran across this case. It doesnt have a lcd in the top but it is suit case like type case. I thought it interesting and figured maybe someone here may like to see it as well. It's mitx so fits into the SFF realm of platforms.

FANG BattleBox

Have you guys seen this case? I was surfing the net looking up ideas for a suitcase/briefcase type build I had in mind when I ran across this case. It doesnt have a lcd in the top but it is suit case like type case. I thought it interesting and figured maybe someone here may like to see it as well. It's mitx so fits into the SFF realm of platforms.

FANG BattleBox

I honestly think it is a bad idea. A better build would be to use standard slim cases like node 202 or rvz02 and then place it inside a well cushioned pelican case. It is better cushioned for drops and is resistant to dust and water spills. Carrying cases are subject to a lot of abuse.

Well, there is a idea I hadn't considered. I will have to explore that some. Thanks for the idea.

AZZA CSAZ-105 Black/Red SECC Mini-ITX Computer Case Regular PS2 ATX power supply Power Supply - Newegg.com

May or may not be same design, minus the cover. I'm pretty sure I've also seen it as other brands.

Thanks for that find and link Zap. Much appreciated. I'm not looking to buy one but rather maybe use some ideas from it if I decide to build my own version. I'd like to build one with a monitor attached to the upper lid. AIO type of design if you will. Yeah, laptops are more elegant and practical but you cant upgrade them much. Thanks again. :)

Thanks for that find and link Zap. Much appreciated. I'm not looking to buy one but rather maybe use some ideas from it if I decide to build my own version. I'd like to build one with a monitor attached to the upper lid. AIO type of design if you will. Yeah, laptops are more elegant and practical but you cant upgrade them much. Thanks again. :)

Are you thinking of having the monitor on the outside of the lid or on the inside? Because I've seen a lot of builds with the latter setup, just google "suitcase pc with monitor".

Are you thinking of having the monitor on the outside of the lid or on the inside? Because I've seen a lot of builds with the latter setup, just google "suitcase pc with monitor".

Yes, monitor on the inside of upper lid. I been scouring the internet and youtube and finding lots of good info. Designing will be my biggest hurdle. I'll have to build one from scratch obviously. I have seen cases with 19" and 22" monitors but I'd like to go 24" so I can up the res to 1440p but not sure I can match a case and a monitor together that works right. One option is to go to my father (he's into woodworking and has all the required tools for that) and build a case to specs. That is a lot more work though. Anyway just researching and brain storming at this point.

Back