Dual ATi Cards (Not Crossfire)

FighterAce124

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright, since my X1900XTX has issues running two monitors from its output (See my thread - Strange X1900XTX Issues, if you really want to know lol), I dug up an X300 SE for my second monitor.
The X300 is also PCI-E. My mobo is an Asus A8N-SLI Premium. I can't get it to work, I know the second x16 slot isn't dead, and I have it enabled in the BIOS (Well, as close as I can - its enabled by setting Dual Graphics cards in BIOS)
The system only sees the X1900XTX, I have done complete driver removal and re-install, I know the X300 works. Am I missing something? Or will I need to buy a PCI card? :(

I've never done it with a nforce board, but I had an X800GTO2 and X600 running on my 975 board with ATI's 6.5, 6.6 and 6.10 cats. Does the X300 work by itself in the second slot?

It wont show in the BIOS but windows should pickup on the second card. Be sure to use the older Catalyst drivers as that latest have dropped X300 support.

_Kris

It wont show in the BIOS but windows should pickup on the second card. Be sure to use the older Catalyst drivers as that latest have dropped X300 support.

_Kris

Nope, the 7.1's are supposed to support the x300 too, but I'll give the 6.8 a try, just in case..

And yep, the x300 works fine alone in the second slot.

Back