Dragon's Dogma 2

I decided to give this a go just for the hell of it and refunded it after a little under 2 hours. It's just a mess and I didn't find the gameplay fun. Outside of the lighting, the game doesn't look particularly good, either. I tested out the frame-gen mod and it does work, but it doesn't solve anything in the crowded town areas. Luckily buying games and getting a Steam refund = super easy so I did. AC Mirage was on sale for $30, so I went for that instead. 🤷‍♂️

Cause steam gets bypassed within minutes of releases. Denuvo normally takes months and there are games that haven't had it broken yet years later.

Fair enough. Hopefully this save/install limit issue gets fixed pronto.

As for the game:
It's a 7.5/10 game for me just like the first one was. Mixed bag. Some refinements and some fixes that everyone agrees needs to happen could probably get me to an 8.

I personally don't see how people are scoring this as a 9/10 game. As ever YMMV.

Last edited:
I am personally liking the game a lot, but I am biased since I loved the first game. This game so far I'd give it an 8/10 and I'd give it higher if it wasn't for 2 things, first the performance issues. It's nausea inducing for me but for the most part I can just take a lot of breaks. The second thing is the pawn voice acting. It's how do I say it ... bargain basement. I think they only hired one guy and one girl to do all the pawn voices and modulated the voice via software. And it's getting excessively repetitive. The VA is kind of weird though mainly because it feels so forced with the Shakespearean thee, pray tell, stuff being said.

Gameplay is where this game shines. I just finished maxing out my archer so I switched to a mage to level that class up now. I am sure people hate the no fast travel. It gets tiring that is for sure but it really feels like a real adventure game, but makes the fedex and back tracking feel more annoying. It also makes you look through the environment so you can try and find shortcuts to save time. All that wouldn't happen if fast travel was available at the start. Getting from the Capital to Melve takes a full game morning if you don't have to fight anything along the way (but you will). While I go back and forth liking and hating that injuries not healing completely to full even with potions to mimic fatigue, I do appreciate the value it offers to the camping mechanic but it does slow things down a lot. For me this game is better than Baldur's Gate 3 but that's also because I really stopped liking turn based RPGs in recent years. I have so many of them that are barely half way finished before I just shelved them. This game though I already know I will finish but I am sure it'll take me a long time as I am grinding now for DCP points and only very slowly doing quests so I can unlock as many vocations as I can and switch as I need them before I do quests later. So I enjoy just running around exploring with no real goal and battling things to earn DCP. Also exploring is not just for items but for finding even slightly shorter routes through caves to speed up travel. Also a warning about hired pawns, they can spoil quests for you if you let them. They might suggest things like "I have an idea where <insert quest thing here> is/went" or "I know of a treasure in the area I learned of from another world" and if you press the Go button they will lead you there. It's an interesting system, but at the same time it takes away a bit from the discovery of things.

I like it bettter than BG3 because I don't need a nexus mod to look up at the horizon line in BG3. Plus BG3 isn't really BG3 by a long shot just some interpretation of what its suppose to be That is what your really seeing with BG3... give us a pause based action game like the original with real time combat without goofy perspectives.
Not saying it's a bad game but it's totally on rails for the most part.

Baldur's Gate 3 is/was riddled with issues but it looks really good next to all of these other games that have performance problems and low production values. Sometimes it's all about perspective and timing. Well, that and Larian's typical responses to things are usually waaaay better than most other company responses.

Just a PSA for people playing...
While you play the game you will find and pick up seeker tokens. You really need to remember where you picked up your first one. I don't so I am struggling to remember where I first picked one up for a timed quest that has to return to the quest giver within 7 days in game because they left something there for you to retrieve. It's the first time I am really hating this limited fast travel system. I think I have 3 or 4 days in game to figure it out, or I will have to start using my backup save and a seeker token map lol.

Just a PSA for people playing...
While you play the game you will find and pick up seeker tokens. You really need to remember where you picked up your first one. I don't so I am struggling to remember where I first picked one up for a timed quest that has to return to the quest giver within 7 days in game because they left something there for you to retrieve. It's the first time I am really hating this limited fast travel system. I think I have 3 or 4 days in game to figure it out, or I will have to start using my backup save and a seeker token map lol.
I picked up the 1st one at the ladder cliff

20240327130212_1.jpg

Free Falling but not the Tom Petty way try doing this in Elden Ring without a horse.

20240327135353_1.jpg

Good thing I re-did the mission I missed the Sorcerer staff in the goblin cave fell off a cliff.

20240327132607_1.jpg

Gets Muddy at time with visibility and camera playing with a controller is a must.

Last edited:
There are camera options in setting I just changed the LOD and the Speed of the camera helps a ton. There are just slider not a specific number like 95 LOD.
Just tried it with a mouse it's way too fast if you do you might want to increase Polling and lower DPI.

Last edited:
Title Update released

Capcom has released a new Dragon's Dogma 2 update across PC and PS5, improving DLSS quality, fixing bugs, adding an FPS cap option on PS5 and more...the update also introduces a much-requested community feature- the option to start a new game when existing save data exists...

https://dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/topics/update/
Great news!

We have released an update including the following modifications and fixes:

Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
Miscellaneous text display issues.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.

We have released an update including the following modifications and fixes:

Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
Miscellaneous text display issues.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Two posts above you, my dude.

I’d like to hear them say, we watched Steve Burke’s analysis of the performance of our game and are presently working to resolve all the issues he raised.

CDKEYs with code purple14, it's roughly $54. So I bit.

Ran through the first town last night - max settings with FSR quality, getting solid frames from 60 to 90 depending on where I'm at.
I think so far, players have overly exaggerated the performance... unless I haven't touched a certain area yet.

The patch noticeable improved my frametimes and stuttering in Vernworth and other locations like Checkpoint Rest town. Surely it's still not perfect though, but I noticed it right away. Rarely there is a bug where performance plummets after you start the game. Feels like a performance bug when the game is switching to fullscreen when you start it. Can also happen when you find new pawns and then accidentally check the steam profile from the creator. And one time it happened right after I hired a new pawn in the OW.

I wonder how many people have made incorrect conclusions about performance based on this.

When I got to Rest Town I took an Oxen Cart out of there took a few tries kept running into a OP Cyclops with two health bars when I choose Doze off. I need to go back there and buy some of that Mage Armor.

Omg - stumbled across some hairy wearwolf troll thing - absolute murking me and my team... wtf do i do? He keeps picking up one of my pawns and runs away with him/her

Yesterday I noticed scars on my pawn that I never put there. I'm wondering if this is related to dragon plague or do scars appear overtime? I did get the dragon plague pop-up tip today, which makes me think my pawn has dragon plague, but it happened when I was recruiting additional pawns. That's the only sign I've seen. I have attached 2 screenshots, one in character editor and one in the game to show that the scar only appears in the world.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Screenshot 2024.03.31 - 08.03.27.01.png
Dragon's Dogma 2 Screenshot 2024.03.31 - 08.05.09.03.png

And no, I did not just go in the editor and remove the scar.

I know my pawn had scars at some point, then after a rest they disappear I think. Dragonsplague is shown by red eyes from what I read. I had a character that had it I think and it didn't trigger they had eerie red eyes and when you do hire them you get the pop up about it, but I don't know if you get that pop up notice more than once.

Yesterday I noticed scars on my pawn that I never put there. I'm wondering if this is related to dragon plague or do scars appear overtime? I did get the dragon plague pop-up tip today, which makes me think my pawn has dragon plague, but it happened when I was recruiting additional pawns. That's the only sign I've seen. I have attached 2 screenshots, one in character editor and one in the game to show that the scar only appears in the world.
~image snip~

And no, I did not just go in the editor and remove the scar.

Pawns will/may develop battle scars when they "die" even if it happens when someone else is using your Pawn. A trip to the Hot Springs at the Volcanic Island Camp or resummoning at the rift stone in Vernworth should clear them.
Pawns with Dragons Plague will start to do a headache animation (hand on head), get snappy or belligerent with you and their eyes will glow/pulse red slightly. You should be able to see the glowing eyes in the Rift when picking a Pawn. Only way to clear the Plague I've seen is to brine them.

Pawns will/may develop battle scars when they "die" even if it happens when someone else is using your Pawn. A trip to the Hot Springs at the Volcanic Island Camp or resummoning at the rift stone in Vernworth should clear them.
Pawns with Dragons Plague will start to do a headache animation (hand on head), get snappy or belligerent with you and their eyes will glow/pulse red slightly. You should be able to see the glowing eyes in the Rift when picking a Pawn. Only way to clear the Plague I've seen is to brine them.
Dismissing them won't help the other pawns from getting infected either, right? Probably too late.

I'm like lvl 14 and around town a lvl 63 pawn came up to me to get hired. Dirt cheap, but the dragons plague message popped up, so dismissed her immediately.

Dismissing a hired Pawn that has the Plague wont protect your main pawn or any hired pawns in your group for certain as contact has already been made (I really dont know, I dont think anyone really knows yet.). Best I can tell you is to keep an eye on them all and watch for the headache animations, a voice line about feeling the power surge within them and or the other signs. Just dont confuse Straightforward pawns for being Plague belligerent.

Having said that, when in doubt. Fire your hires and take your main out for a nice walk along a ridge somewhere and yeet em into the brine. Like Ripley said, "It's the only way to be sure."

IMHO I think the DDDA is a slightly better game in gameplay. I miss several things about the first game that they changed in this game. For example mages/sorcerers are hobbled by only having 4 spells in the old game it was 8. This is a big difference in that you are way less flexible in this game. They just removed the primary skills that were changeable to be fixed as core skills. The Archer/Thief class got nerfed and lost all dagger/bow (respectively) abilities. In the original you had Ranger (thief + long bow) and Assassin (thief + short bow) super flexible classes that could do long range but still get up close and stabby for certain situations. Mystic Archer lost my favorite combo since it lost it's dagger abilities which was exploding rivet + the dash strike combo. Basically in the first game you had primary and secondary skills you can assign + the default (light attack, heavy attack, jump, interact/dash). In this game you have a default core skills then 4 assignable skills. In the first game the only one who only got one set of 4 skills were warriors but other classes got 8 skills split between primary weapon or secondary weapon/shield skills ; and a mage/sorcerer who had 8 spell slots (primary/secondary). The closest thing in this game to being like the first game in gameplay is the warfarer vocation + 2 weapons though with extremely limited skills.

I am still liking this game a lot. It's just in some cases I still prefer the first game.

I am still liking this game a lot. It's just in some cases I still prefer the first game.
I for one think there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Many folks feel the same way about Alien and Aliens, as well as an untold number of game and movie sequels. Dead Space, Bioshock, and Tomb Raider immediately come to mind for me.

I got the first DD via a Capcom Humble Bundle but have yet to play it. Maybe I will fire it up one of these days and see if I like it. It's not my usual style of game (not saying there is anything wrong with it; just a time restraint more than anything).

It’s just been leaked that the technical lead for Dragon’s Dogma 2 actually phoned Steve Burke and thanked him for creating the highly analytical performance report for their game, and assured him that every single point he raised is being addressed and will be implemented in the third performance patch, which will drop anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks from now, but keep in mind that this is also an infuriating april fool’s joke, which I hope you’ll forgive me for. LOL.

They should just put Steve Burke in the game as a pawn Metallica hair and all.

In the Unmoored World, is it 12 in-game days (after extending) or can it go on indefinitely if you never rest? I tried looking into it online but there isn't much information other than 10 "rests". I haven't rested yet but spent 3 hours in Unmoored World (about 4 in-game days) I want to stay long enough to get to about level 60, currently 47, then start NG+. I did pick up most of the gear I wanted (yea I checked the wiki for the locations since I heard this is time limited), I want to kill some drakes to dragonforge my equipment, but unsure of how much time I actually have. I can survive indefinitely since I play thief so survival isn't an issue, I only died once during my playthrough and have like 10 wakestones incase I do die.

I just don't know the "rules" of Unmoored World, since the game changes so much.

Last edited:
Back