DOUBTS ABOUT WHICH ONE BUY

Sepe

n00b
Hello. I have some doubts: I have looked to buy NVME, from the brand nvme Crucial 4tb P3. The price is cheaper than WD black, corsair etc... I know that nvme crucial is more expensive but I need it to be the best to work with video editing. Which of the two do you recommend me to buy? Thank you

crucials good. i wouldnt put any of those three above the others and would buy whichever is cheaper. so if the crucial is cheaper, grab one. i would recommend to update the firmware on any of them before using them for work.

If you need this for video editing, professionally, not as a hobby, you need a fast drive. It would be different if it was just for storage or games. I would recommend the pricier Samsung 990 Pro series or the Western Digital Black 850. Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus is also good.

If you need this for video editing, professionally, not as a hobby, you need a fast drive. It would be different if it was just for storage or games. I would recommend the pricier Samsung 990 Pro series or the Western Digital Black 850. Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus is also good.
Si, la placa X299 pcie 3.0. Crucial P3 4 TB is video editing ok? Thank you

That's an OK secondary drive for storage, but I wouldn't use it for anything more demanding such as for the system/app/games drive. It's QLC and DRAM-less. If you're doing anything with larger sustained reads and especially writes it will tank this drive.

Do not go with that drive for anything which needs frequent writes. As stated it's a QLC non-DRAM drive and once it runs out of cache it's extremely slow. Slow as in slower than a 10 year old 2.5" 4200 RPM laptop drive. I have the 512 gig version as the boot drive in my son's media server. Since it doesn't do much it's okay but it boots slower than a decent performing NVME, OS updates are slower and in general it's just slow.

There is no way in hell you should use that for any sort of video editing. You'll need to spend a bit more to get a good drive for what you're doing.

I'd stick to a NVME with DRAM. I highly recommended the 2TB SN850X. Currently going for $109 on WD's website and Amazon.

"Cheap is as cheap does"....

Fasta is ALWAYS betta, especially for video editing....

you're welcome :D

you will if you get the fastest but compared to older gens its not that much faster, transfer speeds you might notice a little faster but games and applications will be very close, get whats affordable $/tb, i just picked up 980 2tb for 100, i bought 980 1tb last year, exactly 12 months ago for 145 with taxes, yea crazy, prices are only going to drop, buy the second best and save some change imo

Hello. I have some doubts: I have looked to buy NVME, from the brand nvme Crucial 4tb P3. The price is cheaper than WD black, corsair etc... I know that nvme crucial is more expensive but I need it to be the best to work with video editing. Which of the two do you recommend me to buy? Thank you
Op, my honest recommendation is 2tb x 2 or 3 is safer, I have multiple backups now because I lost all data once and boy, wasn't too happy that day but it's in the past, multiple m2s at least you're not subject to too much stress if one dies on you

Back