does the 970p have a glossy screen?

TMCM

[H]ard|Gawd
looking for an LCD monitor that has the glossy screen. I like them because they look most like a CRT. I am also wondering if the viewsonic vp930 or vp920 has a glossy screen.

I have been looking at the acer AL1951C
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824009075
I have not found any professional reviews but the consumer reviews are good.

please help.

Thanks

Read up on the Acer AL2051W. It's essentially a Viewsonic VX2025 but with glossy screen (Crystalbrite technology) and no backlight bleeding. They use the same panel. I just ordered one today.

but what about the 970p? I dont want widescreen. does it have the glossy screen?

I'm not sure about the 970. All the samsungs i've seen so far had no glossy screen. They do feature some kind of magicolor or whatever they call it. For me personally, it made the picture weird looking, but that might just be me.

Usually Samsungs are really nice panels. Haven't read much about the 970 though.

Sony with XBRITE all use glossy panels if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure what to recommend though.

larken said:
Sony with XBRITE all use glossy panels if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure what to recommend though.

Same with NEC Opticlear and Acer Crystalbrite...

meh... I said screw it and got the acer. When I get it and use it for a while I will post a brief review

Forget about using a different stand for that Acer, there is no way to take it off the stand because the OSD controls and cable inputs are built into the stand itself!

larken said:
Forget about using a different stand for that Acer, there is no way to take it off the stand because the OSD controls and cable inputs are built into the stand itself!

That being said, it's a great monitor for the price though!

Back