Direct 3D problem with 3DMarks, DXDiag, etc...

Badger

Gawd
I'm getting a really weird problem. I didn't use to get it, but for some reason I am now.

I have a 6800NU. My highest '05 score is 3784. But when I just tried to run it again, I get the following error:

Error.jpg

I get the first one right after I click "Run 3DMark", or right after the blue "Loading" bar has filled up, right before the test starts, and then it exits back to 3DMark05's main window and freezes up, then a couple seconds later I get that second error message saying the same thing, and the window unfreezes. Then, I can click "Run 3DMark" again, it'll successfully load, and start the test, and then at anypoint after that it'll exit out of the test and give me the same error.

So I went to check out dxdiag, and whenever i try to test my Direct3D, it'll start spinning the cubes and then a few seconds later I get this:

DXerror.jpg

even though I didn't click any button, it just quit by itself. It does that on all three spinning cubes, the directx 7, 8, and 9 cubes. So there's a problem there, too.

I was using the latest 81.85 nVidia drivers when I had these problems, and then tried the 81.87 Beta's, same thing. I ran DriverCleaner in between each. Anyone with any ideas?

Ok, I've reverted back to 81.26 WHQL and 77.77 WHQL drivers, no dice.

I guess it's not a driver issue.

i had this problem last night, system restore solved the problem.
i think that what caused the problem was call of duty 2

Back