difficult buying HDD now?

I am planning out a new build for possibly next week and I usually go to several sites to get pricing and availability and i noticed that all the sites i have gone to have jacked up the prices on most hdds or have a "limit 1 per customer" bs or "in store only" or all of the above. WTF?! have i missed something? it was only a few weeks that i last looked and this was not the case. should i panic? right now i am in the "anger" stage and "panic" is next unless someone reassures me this is not the end of the world as we know it. :(

thanks.

Amazon has the F3 for $6 more than I paid a couple months ago.
Others might say tahts $16 if you got hte NewEgg deal but here in CA newegg = tax = no cheaper basically.

There's a few posts about it, and the natural disasters where they are manufactured.

$6 bucks is not much but i was looking at two drives that went up 80% and 100% in price:(

damn, natural disasters? i just read about that. now i feel guilty considering the lives lost but these f'ing retailers are price gouging!

If you think they are price gouging, don't buy.

On the other hand you seem to be rather cheap - as you check prices on several sites.

We all play the game.

---

I was thinking about buying 3 2TB hard drives. I have thought about it a bit more. I will put off the purchase until the prices fall again.

But I did buy a SSD. I got tired of the hard drive taking so long to wake up. I don't expect it much of a performance gain but $200 is pocket change. I should install it Wed night.

If you think they are price gouging, don't buy.

On the other hand you seem to be rather cheap - as you check prices on several sites.

We all play the game.

---

I was thinking about buying 3 2TB hard drives. I have thought about it a bit more. I will put off the purchase until the prices fall again.

But I did buy a SSD. I got tired of the hard drive taking so long to wake up. I don't expect it much of a performance gain but $200 is pocket change. I should install it Wed night.

Why are you so insecure :confused:

Back