Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I was a big fan of the Sorcerer in the beta, then they nerfed it... Was also a fan of the Necromancer and they nerfed it.

My biggest gripe is that I don't feel very powerful at Level 52 as a Sorcerer. There are bosses at the end of the levels that I just end up swearing at, repeatedly... As they mop the floor with me. If there is room to move, I'm usually fine. If the room is claustrophobic... I have a helluva time staying alive. I have a shitload of Armor and resistances. We shall see. I only played it because my cousin was a Necro and I didn't want to double up. Overall, I have an oddball build. Arc Lash for my basic attack allows me to hit multiple enemies in close range. I can summon 2 stacks of Hydras, with 5 heads and I do. I spam Ice Storm at like level 8 and summon it every 15 seconds on myself and my ultimate power is what I call ice penis... freeze yourself and murder everyone else around you every 50 seconds or so.

I tried all Ice and I couldn't get it to layer the damage like this. Besides, having Electricity, Fire and Ice is beneficial vs resistances anyway.
I am trying the leveling Spec which uses a combo of Lighting, some ICE and FireBall for enhance or passive skills. I know of the combo you talk about. Shield up, run in freeze them, use that 60 second cool down to add all kinds of extra combo hits and while they are vulnerable spam the shock one till out of mana. Rinse and repeat. Melts mobs away. Clean up with Arc Lash. With 1v1 boss this combo really works well. Just need room to dodge and teleport and round. Reminds me of Static Shock from D2 days. Granted I don't know what resists will look like in higher levels and T3+.

My next Character will be a Druid, follow by a Rogue(closes match to my fav D2 class the assassin, sad they left this out) and then a Necro last.

Last edited:
I've only gotten one Unique so far and that dropped from beating Lilith.

And ya...the stats....and how it influences your build....is a headache so far. My build is all about making them slow/stunned/vulnerable and then dumping into them with rapid shot.

I have seen only 1 legendary drop(was not even better than my Rare+Upgrades so I scrapped it for mats) from a dungeon boss and that it. So far loot has not been a problem. Still trying to wrap my head around the stats etc... to make sure the item is truly better than the current item. I believe in the options you can turn on an advance compare feature for items rather than just relying on Item Power
Biggest problem for me is I hate giving up my early items that all had the bonus levels of powers tied to them. The bonuses seem to get a bit better on later items but the skill level raises almost completely disappear. I even tired extracting aspects and couldn't find the damn aspect to add back to a better piece of armor... With how rare some of the items are, this is decidedly painful.

I've only gotten one Unique so far and that dropped from beating Lilith.

And ya...the stats....and how it influences your build....is a headache so far. My build is all about making them slow/stunned/vulnerable and then dumping into them with rapid shot.
Essentially, you want a shitload of attribute buffs. The more the better. Some attributes apply more than others, but all of em help every class get better. I am getting something like 157 points of intelligence from my items... I am a big fan of items that give big buffs to all attributes + Skills, you can always add in your own aspects later.

How does it work for joining up? I needed help earlier and thought I invited someone from the group to help, but never saw them in the battle.

How does it work for joining up? I needed help earlier and thought I invited someone from the group to help, but never saw them in the battle.
Joining a party is pretty easy. It's up to the joiners on whether or not they want to follow along with your goals. Typically, once joined, they can teleport to where you are. If they missed the battle, then they probably neve joined ya. Either that or they fell asleep. Seems that the game only forces you to have your party present for story elements, I walked away from my PC when I took a call and my cousin had left the dungeon by the time I was back.

I'm about half way through Act V with my ice sorcerer and completed most sidequests I've come across. Enjoying it a lot so far. Andariel fight was fun and kept me on my toes, got her on 2nd attempt. Nearly at level 50 now.

I haven't bothered to even fill any item sockets yet, but I probably should start doing that soon. Did do all the gear and potion upgrades. Fun game.

Definitely the game I will be putting the most time in this year, unless GGG pulls off some miracle with POE 2 (which I wouldn't put past them actually, they are amazing devs).

Some timer just ran out on the battle.net screen. That the end of early release or whatever? Standard edition ready to play?

Some timer just ran out on the battle.net screen. That the end of early release or whatever? Standard edition ready to play?
Yes, the standard edition unlocked at 19:00 EDT.
I started off on Workday Tier 2 not 1.

How bout you guys / gals?
I started WT2, but backed down to WT1 at level 20'ish. Enemies just become too tanky on WT2 at that point.

Christ I can not kill the damn Capstone boss.

Finally got him...but had to go the Twisting Blades route....there is no way thats not getting nerfed into the grou.d

Last edited:
Haven't play since yesterday, just hopping in and an update hit. Any patch notes?

My rogue rolled over Tier 2 campaign like it was nothing. I rushed the Act 5 & 6 and just did campaign because I felt it was too easy and wanted to go to Tier 3.
And now at Tier 3 and lvl 52 I still find everything too easy. Nightmare dungeons I just rush through.

However, I am disappointed in the story ending.
Lilith
was so hyped up and then just turns into a statue and vanishes. I also loved the her personality and reasoning. She was a pretty cool character.
And once you kill her, you get to go to a dungeon and kill a boss that's twice as hard as her (that guy was actually a threat to my rogue). And he's not even a lore character.

Just did the World Boss "Death".....that was a fight, I think there were about 8-10 of us pulling him down. Pretty fun battle....a lot of insta death bits from him though.

And I'm starting to wonder about the longevity of the Rogue......not feeling its going to do well in WT3 and above.

My lvl 52 poison rogue is doing fine in Tier 3. I have to pull a ridiculous amount of monsters in Nightmare Dungeons to die. Like 4-5 elites with minions.
All my items are between lvl 24-40 except gloves and weapons which are lvl 52.
I run Concealment, Poison Trap, Poison Imbuement, Shadow Clone, Forceful Arrow and Barrage. Everything melts.

My rogue rolled over Tier 2 campaign like it was nothing. I rushed the Act 5 & 6 and just did campaign because I felt it was too easy and wanted to go to Tier 3.
And now at Tier 3 and lvl 52 I still find everything too easy. Nightmare dungeons I just rush through.

However, I am disappointed in the story ending.
Lilith
was so hyped up and then just turns into a statue and vanishes. I also loved the her personality and reasoning. She was a pretty cool character.
And once you kill her, you get to go to a dungeon and kill a boss that's twice as hard as her (that guy was actually a threat to my rogue). And he's not even a lore character.
Rogues are OP AF in this game at their current state - seeingT3 builds critting like 30k to 35k on reddit... it's nuts.

Rogues are OP AF in this game at their current state - seeingT3 builds critting like 30k to 35k on reddit... it's nuts.

I don't think I crit anywhere near that. Maybe 10% of that. I play a poison build with shadow clone. Poison debuff stack so once I pop Shadow Clone, Poison Imbuement and start Barraging the enemy, they die really fast. Elites are trivial and bosses are not very hard. But in mmorpgs, dots have always been strong vs high hp enemies.

I don't think I crit anywhere near that. Maybe 10% of that. I play a poison build with shadow clone. Poison debuff stack so once I pop Shadow Clone, Poison Imbuement and start Barraging the enemy, they die really fast. Elites are trivial and bosses are not very hard. But in mmorpgs, dots have always been strong vs high hp enemies.
He's talking about the dual blades build...it is that retarded honestly. As a L50 I'm mowing through L53 mobs like that don't exist. Its going to get a major nerf at some point.

He's talking about the dual blades build...it is that retarded honestly. As a L50 I'm mowing through L53 mobs like that don't exist. Its going to get a major nerf at some point.
Yeah. One of the people on my friends list is running that. He's doing WT4 in the 50s. WT4 is suppose to be 70+.

Got to level 11 on my Rogue. Playing WT2 setting.

I like the class except I burn through Energy mana super fast and I feel a bit squishy.

What other class should I try as well? I like doing big AOE damage and just blasting through huge mobs.

Played prologue. Sorc w/ arc lightning is boss. Hit level 7 right now and quit. Gotta work. Glad I didn't pay 20 eur extra coz game is good but not that good.

anyone hit up the pvp zones yet? it's tempting. Probably some sweet loot if you can make it out of there.

How do I lower the setting back down to WT1?
At the statue of Inarius in the center of Kyovashad, or when you select your character to start the game. I'm sure other major cities have the same statue to change world tier in them.

I just learned after 30 hours that unsocketing gems costs gold. It's not listed at the vendor, but you see it get deducted from your wallet when you do it. The amount it costs scale up just like everything else does, so you have no idea how much it will cost to do it. Unless there is a way to see it ahead of time that I'm not seeing, this is a poor design.

I just learned after 30 hours that unsocketing gems costs gold. It's not listed at the vendor, but you see it get deducted from your wallet when you do it. The amount it costs scale up just like everything else does, so you have no idea how much it will cost to do it. Unless there is a way to see it ahead of time that I'm not seeing, this is a poor design.

Yes, I've noticed that later in the game as well. I think when you salvage the item you get the socket back and its actually free.

I put my Rogue aside doing Fire Sorcery with Arc Lash also did a Druid I like how big she is but not sure how it would be End Game always transforming into a Bear must suck after a while. I think I'll stick with the Mage because the Rouge just looks boring with the same attacks. The thing I like about the Mage the elementals she casts light up the Hallways.

Was going through a dungeon last night with the GF and boom, disconnect. Log back in, nothing. Queue. 30 minutes later, still queue. Fuck it, went to bed. GF was still playing. Noticed that when it kicked me it started an update. Didn't happen to GF. I wonder if today is going to be a shit show.

Been playing on PS5 but want to jump on my pc. Have a 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 100hz. Running a 2070 super and a 5800x3d. Think my 2070 super well hang or is it time to upgrade? I like the eye candy 🤔

Was going through a dungeon last night with the GF and boom, disconnect. Log back in, nothing. Queue. 30 minutes later, still queue. Fuck it, went to bed. GF was still playing. Noticed that when it kicked me it started an update. Didn't happen to GF. I wonder if today is going to be a shit show.
I played for roughly 3 hours yesterday. Only had some issues with rubber banding. This seems to be one of the best Blizz launches in a while.

Back