Desperate Need Help With Java Program

SMCINAZ

2[H]4U
Hello Fellow [H] People,

My son who is 14 has been very ill lfor about a year now. He has an illness that involves his digestive tract, from end to end. We have been trying to get him through the school year by tutoring him at home as much as possible because he is only aboe to attend school 1 in 5 days at the most. He has been doing fairly well considering all the horrific things he has had to go through, medically, physically, and emotionally.

Anyway, on to my request for help.

He is enrolled in a computer programming class and has done all of the required work for the class up until now. Unfortunately, his condition has worsened and he is now unable to attend class at all. The school year ends next week, and he has one project left for the class. Also unfortunately, he he missed being taught how to do the things involved in this project which actually looks relatively simple (?), but I am unable to help with it because I am totally cluless with programming and code.

Anyway, if anyone could possible help, we would appreciate it greatly.

What he needs is this: a character or some kind, any kind really-maybe animated or not, programmed in Java, that somehow interacts and does something when clicked on. The only other requirement is that the programming involve the use of "class" or "classes" in java which I haven't a clue about. It can be something very simple. We have spent hours trying to figure it out but it just is not happening, and the bad version he tried to turn in was just wrong so they are giving him one more chance to turn it in.

The program they use is called jcreator (available for download here: www.jcreator.com/download.htm), and it somehow needs to be able to be run independently by putting the line "public class (name of program) extends WindowsController" towards the top of it's lines of code.

Can someone, anyone out there who knows about programming in Java and using classes help, please? I am not just asking for a straight program-yes, he needs that, but I would also like him to know how it works as well so that he actually learns about it.

We would really really appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thanks in advance.

Need that last minute program turned in do ya?

Seriously, if this is legit, your a hard gawd. You can figure out how to make a robot, it will take 30 minutes tops if you have the slightest programming clue.

drawRect alone will be 90% of your program.

I'm sorry to hear about your son.

Question, does this need to be a "visual" robot, for instance, a robot like a shape drawn on a form that "moves" OR is this suppose to be a robot where you click a button a some text shows up on screen that says "Hi im rob robot". (I know terrible example)

I've seen a lot of weird programming projects in the past, a little more clarification on the requirements would be much appreciated

If you think that your previous work was worth `something' why not show it to us. We may be able to help you out.

What is a class from Sun. I think that their explanation is pretty straightforward.

Sun's tutorial for Swing a way of creating a graphical user interface. There are other methods of making graphics, which may be more suited to your project.

You can message me on aim veritasthrice if you need help.. i just finished my last java class of my degree haha..

If you don't need serious help though.. you could simply create images in paint and have a button to "advance" a frame into a tiny animation, and simply add a JButton on a JFrame. with a listener to change the background image to the next one..

Or you could draw a simple snowman using DrawRect / DrawOval /circle etc.. have a mouselistener function to say change the snowmans head to red, to make him angry when you click on him :-p

Also yes, post what he had before.. easy to give tips then. :)

PS tell him to keep up the good work.. id have him finish the rest of his school via the internet.. if you live in the US, all public schools have to provide alternative and accommodative services to your son.. i went through some terrible medical problems my last 3.5 years of high school and had to fight with lawyers to even get my education.. it's tough..but hang in there.. since he is computer inclined he would probably be better off learning things on his own.. most teachers don't teach and he would get a better education... if you have any questions. as i said.. feel free to IM me on aim or PM me

Back