Desigining My data center need help

Ghettobox

Limp Gawd
I guess the term data center is a bit optimistic. Here is my plan. a small box to run monowall or some other dedicated firewall system. this will be between my wireless setup and the outside world, just incase i guess. I am looking for a real minimum machine here..the lowest possible power use and lowest price. I basically dont want to run anything more than i need. Maybe some type of thin client? No idea.

After that I would like some type of secured wireless enabled media/file/print. Id just like to be able to stream video Music etc to anything on the wireless network, and anything that for some reason gets hardwired in. This machine i would be willing to spend some money on..but no mroe than $500 dollars..as I have bunches of parts kicking around. Again I just need what would be some basic specs to serve at most 4 computers. All at the same time.

After that I dont think I need much and maybe I can do it al with one box..networking leaves me pretty clueless. All will run sometype of bSD or linux

Thanks for any help or ideas

ghettobox

You might get more help if you posted in the main networking forum...this is meant only for pics.

Back