Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22" 5ms Widescreen e-IPS LCD Monitor w/ DVI $208

... I knew as soon as I bought a monitor there would be a better deal come along. And now I'm stuck with a big old TN panel. :mad:

I just bought one, $222 with tax, oh and my new company name. Estimated delivery date 10/7/09.

Couldn't quite bring myself to buy two just because the U2410 should be coming out soon, but one of these should work well next to the current 2408wfp and its replacement once it comes out.

I'd get it but I just bought a 23" samsung for $80 more @ best buy.

Monitor died, couldnt live without my computer for a day.

for those wondering about the estimated delivery times... i ordered last night and to my surprise they already shipped it out this morning. i originally had an estimated delivery date of 10/7, hope that helps!

Finally a great price on a good panel. Sadly only the 10% code works on the 2408WFP - which still gives a good price, but not a "ZOMG MUST HAVE 2!!!" price.

I ordered one and am looking forward to having portrait mode. It's a wonderful thing for viewing compiled output when writing papers in LaTeX. I just wonder how long I'm going to be able to stand my 17" TN panel beside it. I feel a second monitor coming on soon. Maybe they'll blow out the remaining 2408WFPs when the U2410 arrives...

edit: My order is listed as shipped already - about 3 hours after placing it without upgraded shipping. Woot!

Last edited:
I was SO hesitant to buy this considering my rig! But I said with future games I don't want to keep shelling out big bucks for 1920x1200! So I bit!!!

I'm in for one. I have a 22" Samsung that works great, but isn't height adjustable. Looks like that one will be added to my growing FS/FT list.

My order just said shipped this morning too! The original October ship date worried me, but now it seems all is well. It's probably just good luck, but I've never had dell wrong me before.

Ordered. Thanks

This will go well next to my 20inch dell IPS monitor.

I, too, snagged one of these 22" wide-flat-panels (thanks OP).

I have a 20" Dell IPS monitor as well, connected to a second system, but it's not the wide model. So it probably wouldn't match up well (height-wise). I do have a couple spare 19" non-wide 1280 x 1024 Samsung monitors sitting in boxes (SyncMaster 940t). You guys think a 19" monitor, flanked on each side of this new Dell 22", will match up well?

I have two of these combined with a dual-arm Ergotron setup... total sweetness :D!

5ms should be enough for gaming I think. I know TN panels rule there but Id rather have perfect color personally.

Many Thanks OP, though I could not get the second coupon to correctly apply?

I have two of these combined with a dual-arm Ergotron setup... total sweetness :D!

I'm gona try my two standard 19 " (1280 x 1024) TN panel monitors (placed on a slight toed-in angle) on each side of this 22" monitor. From what I can tell the vertical height and resolution are going to be almost identical. If I dislike that setup then I'll be in for another one of these to do as you've done.

Too bad the second coupon for 10% no longer works. :(

I, too, snagged one of these 22" wide-flat-panels (thanks OP).

I have a 20" Dell IPS monitor as well, connected to a second system, but it's not the wide model. So it probably wouldn't match up well (height-wise). I do have a couple spare 19" non-wide 1280 x 1024 Samsung monitors sitting in boxes (SyncMaster 940t). You guys think a 19" monitor, flanked on each side of this new Dell 22", will match up well?

i used to have a 19" 4:3 along with a 22" 16:9, the setup worked fine. that's about as close as you're gonna get in terms of matching the actual heights. one thing i did run into was the differences in resolutions. the 1280x1024 is 26 pixels shorter than 1680x1050, so the behavior might be a bit awkward, depending on what os you use.

Actually, a lot of what you just said is not true.
Darker Blacks - not true, the 2343BWX has a higher contrast ratio than this old e-ips panel.
Better viewing angles - listed specs are the same
Faster response - once again, not true. yours is 5ms g2g this is 5ms b2w and 2ms g2g.
2048x1152 res means sharper images and if you have a good gpu fps doesn't matter anyway.

Nobody hijacked your thread. You're just sore you bought an inferior screen.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1447385

Darker Blacks - not true, the 2343BWX has a higher contrast ratio than this old e-ips panel.
Faster response - once again, not true. yours is 5ms g2g this is 5ms b2w and 2ms g2g.
2048x1152 res means sharper images and if you have a good gpu fps doesn't matter anyway.

the TN panel doesnt have the same viewing angles as the IPS.

an inferior screen? lol....

In this case, you're going off the manufacturer specs entirely, which they're pretty much free to make up as they wish. the TN panel likely has slightly quicker response times, and higher res. The IPS likely wins on contrast, and definitely wins on viewing angle and colors. They're both a wash on input lag, as the Dell's around 0.

In this case, you're going off the manufacturer specs entirely, which they're pretty much free to make up as they wish. the TN panel likely has slightly quicker response times, and higher res. The IPS likely wins on contrast, and definitely wins on viewing angle and colors. They're both a wash on input lag, as the Dell's around 0.

You need to also mention Dell's 3 year advance replacement warranty. Plus TN< E-IPS every time.

Looks like the 10% coupon is expired, 20% expires on the 2nd.

I bit anyway (came to 250 after tax), thanks OP. My wife has been doing digital art on a TN panel for years, hope this is a nice step up.

Looks like the 10% coupon is expired, 20% expires on the 2nd.

I bit anyway (came to 250 after tax), thanks OP. My wife has been doing digital art on a TN panel for years, hope this is a nice step up.

I've been using this for a few months. There is just no comparison.

Back