Deepcool RGB 100 (white) Opinions/experience viable Hue+ strip replacement alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm done with waiting on NZXT to get back to me for my second set of led strips. So I'm looking for alternatives. There aren't many out there that are just white, have magnet over crap 3m tape, and don't have an attached 4 pin molex.

I'm waiting to hear back from Deepcool on the wiring diagram for their pins to make sure I can plug them directly into my B150M Mortar Arctic and bypass the Hue+ controller completely. The Mortar Arctic only supports single led and not RGB hence why looking into single white color over actual rgb strips.

Anyone have experience with these strips?

FYI the pinout of my JLED1 connector is below. This is what I'm waiting on Deepcool for if someone actually has these strips and it is labeled on their paperwork feel free to post up what it says for the pinout. I can't use Bitfenix led strips they pin theirs differently then the MSI board connector.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 35
So, as I understand - you're using a single color led strip?

That strip needs a power and ground (two wires)?

What is stopping you from buying the strip you've found, that meets your other requirements, and adjusting the terminal placement as you need in your application?

So, as I understand - you're using a single color led strip?

That strip needs a power and ground (two wires)?

What is stopping you from buying the strip you've found, that meets your other requirements, and adjusting the terminal placement as you need in your application?

None of the power cables I've ever seen for 5055 strips have connectors were the pins can be removed. They are always hard molded aside from the ones with a molex connector. That diagram above is not how the cables come for 5055 strips nor are any of the ones I see for sale. Why they used a cable that looks as though the pins can be removed who knows.

5050 LED strips in general that are 4 wire are ' RGB ' and can change color with the appropriate controller .

The single color ones are usually 2 wire and can be hooked directly to batt/voltage - but can utilize a Dimmer / Flasher controller that does cool stuff like the RGB but is the single color . The controller would hook to voltage or batt and the LED hooks to the controller . The 2 wires usually are just 2 wires no little double sided prong plug like the all female 4 wire LED parts

Any of the strips sold (I prefer NON waterproof) as they are the traditional 1/2 inch wide can be cut at the cut points every 6 inches or so and have wires either spliced or soldered there .

Almost all these strips are sold domestically for around $10-$15 for 5m 300 LED strip...lose the remote and get a sub $4 'mini led dimmer' style controller.

Had started at this link to shop for the connectors , splices , wire and small samples of LEDs of different sizes and strengths ..but quickly added up to more than the whole 5m : http://glowhut.com/5050-led-strip/

With the 1 and 3 pin on the board as voltage source you can bridge to a contorller or wire direct to a 2 wire ..you can do a RGB controller and strip using the 1 and 3 pin as voltage source and plug the LED into controller instead of the board . Even RGB can be set to do one color if you want .

Kenny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back