DeckHD - Steam deck screen upgrade (1,920 x 1,200)

I’m less concerned about the battery since I have my Deck plugged in the vast majority of the time, but rather more concerned about the loss in frame rate at the native resolution of that screen. The Deck can benefit from a better screen, but it would really need more CPU/GPU power to support that upgrade.

I’m less concerned about the battery since I have my Deck plugged in the vast majority of the time, but rather more concerned about the loss in frame rate at the native resolution of that screen. The Deck can benefit from a better screen, but it would really need more CPU/GPU power to support that upgrade.
There are plenty of older titles that the deck could run at 1200p and shine. Hell that's the decks strong point older classics/indie and emulation. As well of course one could always just select the original deck rez when it is problematic.

Great price @ 99$. I am sure that there are a few folks with cracked/broken screens that would take the old one of ones hands for near the same amount.

No mention of sRGB coverage or accuracy and 60hz is a little disappointing. Hopefully reviews will cover it for anyone interested.

Neat. Seems pretty pointless to me, but nevertheless, neat. I am sure there is a subset of Steam Deck owners that are going to be stoked for this, and the asking price seems to be very reasonable.

Personally, I have a few (minor) complaints with my Steam Deck (wherefore art thou, CUPS?), but the screen is not really one of them. It's fine. If I could somehow get that ROG Ally CPU/GPU in a device that is in all other ways a Steam Deck, that would be amazing. The Ally's lack of touchpads alone makes it a non-starter for me.

Back