Decent Board for e3110 xenon 775??

Was curious about a decent board for the Xenon e3110? I have an Asus p5n-e sli but before I go thru the trouble to replace the chip it currently runs with the xenon I was wondering if that board would even support it?? Does it "require" an expensive server based board to run or can I get by with something that doesn't require me to hand over my first born??:eek::p

Thanks...

don't know about the P5N-E (even though I have 1) but most P35s will run an E3110 - even the $60 abit IP35-E.

IP35-e is good cheap mobo if your willing to skimp out on some features.

I dropped my e3110 into a nvidia 680i lt based board. I just had to update the bios first. Works great.

Hummm, luck is not with me this day.. The e3110 will boot but eventually lock up after windows is up and running for a few min..:confused: I have tried some different mem, OCZ, Corsair XMS, Patriot. Updated to the latest BIOS, 09x. I haven't tweaked anything else yet. The e4400 and e6400 work like a charm. The mem is ddr2 6400, 5-5-5-15. Temps are only around 88-92 F when the machine locks. I was able to get asus probe up and running before the lock, temps don't "seem" to be the problem... Anyone else use a xenon in this board with better results??:rolleyes:

I've heard some boards just don't fully support Xeons. I mean, obviously you tried other cpu's and it works just fine. Or maybe your chip is bad. I had to send my e3110 back due to a stuck thermal sensor. Maybe intel released some bad trays.

Well, I put the e3110 in a gigabyte ga-945gcm-s2c, the bios asked if I wanted to OC the fsb to 1333, said yes and it is running fine. I guess the p5n-e sli board just doesn't fully support this chip?? Oh well, its running and folding..:D

I've had some bad luck with Asus BIOS lately..sorry it didn't work out for you. I love my IP35-Pro and there's a $35 MIR on it from Newegg. I tried my E8400 out on it and it works like a champ.

If I was you I'd call and bitch at ASUS tech support. Their site clearly states that BIOS supports that board.

I thought about grabbing a e3110, just need to save up some $$ first...

Back