Debit is Expired Should I Use The New One w/PayPal?

hititnquitit

2[H]4U
My old debit card has been replaced for several months now so the few PayPal purchases ive made since then have been directly through my bank/checking account. Other than it taking longer for the payment to clear everything has been fine and dandy. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to making payments this way? Should i bother linking my new debit card to Paypal or just leave it as is?

The advantage - you don't have to waste 30 seconds and go in and archaically update a few numbers

The disadvantage - it takes longer for payments to clear and eventually your bank will stop processing the transactions costing you more than the 30 seconds it would have taken to just update it in the first place.

Last edited:
I have used my bank account for paypal transactions between individuals for probably 20 years now. No problems. For businesses? I still use a credit card, for cash back, etc.

Link a CC to your PP account and use that to protect yourself. If you link your debit card and need to dispute, it's a bit harder since the money is taken directly out of your account. You would have to contact your bank to start the process if PP refuses to get involved or has ruled in the other party's favor and you don't agree.

I do PP bank account to people I trust. PP CC for everyone else. I do not link debit card.

Link a CC to your PP account and use that to protect yourself. If you link your debit card and need to dispute, it's a bit harder since the money is taken directly out of your account. You would have to contact your bank to start the process if PP refuses to get involved or has ruled in the other party's favor and you don't agree.

I do PP bank account to people I trust. PP CC for everyone else. I do not link debit card.

To add to this if your PayPal gets hacked they don't drain your bank account. I only have credit cards linked. And cash back rewards with my credit card is nice too.

Back