Dead lcd or what?

I am troubleshooting the lcd from a Dell D800.

Symptoms: red/pinkish screen for a few seconds and then it ‘clears’, the screen then shuts down a few seconds after the red/pinkish color goes away. I have to close the lid for a few seconds, open it and then the screen returns to normal for a few seconds. Is it the backlight? Inverter? Lcd? I want to get some input before opening it up.

Thanks.

I am troubleshooting the lcd from a Dell D800.

Symptoms: red/pinkish screen for a few seconds and then it ‘clears’, the screen then shuts down a few seconds after the red/pinkish color goes away. I have to close the lid for a few seconds, open it and then the screen returns to normal for a few seconds. Is it the backlight? Inverter? Lcd? I want to get some input before opening it up.

Thanks.

Neither the backlight nor the inverter would cause a color change. If the screen is still bright then you can rule those out. It's most likely the cable running up to the panel from the motherboard, but could also be a failing video chipset.

but the lappy does not crash or blue screens. you can also still make out an image on the lcd when it goes blank.

but the lappy does not crash or blue screens. you can also still make out an image on the lcd when it goes blank.

a bad cable would cause the color change and blacking out. By closing and opening the lid, you're moving the cable around.

Seems like either the cable is bad or the connection of the mobo to the lcd

Back