current best air coolers

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I was trying to argue with you. Thanks for posting your resume though?
No argument, just 1 fin less by my count than yours. ;) I even said all cool the same because extra fins are not fit to heatpipes thus are not radiating heat.
I was trying to say your post validates mine.
I was trying to say is your cropped Thermalright pics are photographic proof of what I was trying to show about the extra fins in Thermalright dimensional drawings.

I think the EVO looks better than the SE obviously.. but I like the fact that I can drop in my T30 no problem while using the stock clips. Try that on the SE. I saw the HWC review, and I do not agree with a few things they had to say, but I am not a reviewer so.. just another voice in the crowd :D

Edit:

Those extra fins are the difference between your 120 fan that is sitting on your G.Skills being flush with the top, or sticking out a quarter inch over the top.
I agree, Phantom Spirit 120 EVO and Phantom Spirit 120 top is more finished looking than Phantom Spirit 120 SE standard top showing heatpipe ends.

I wonder is T30 could be squeezed into middle of EVO same as SE. My guess is with about same amount of tweaking it would fit.

I wonder is T30 could be squeezed into middle of EVO same as SE. My guess is with about same amount of tweaking it would fit.
On the EVO the T30 slides right in, on the SE you have to pull the towers apart, plus you wont be using the stock clips unless you squeeze them on with a screwdriver or something.. and then have fun getting them off lol. I used FC140 clips on the SE and T30 combo.

Speaking of metal fan clips. Anyone know where I can get replacemnet metal fan clips for teh Deepcool AK620 digital air cooler?
I believe they are 120 clips with rubber inserts View attachment 646136
Clips came in. Well worth the $5 Deepcool charged me to ship a pair. Temps went down 1*C degree per $1 dollar about give or take. Money well spent. Plus astheically looks so much better with 3 fans and the front one being RGB. I think the Deepcool AK620 Digital is the best looking cooler on the market and performance is very good with triple fans strapped to it. Bad pics but you get the picture, pun intended lol
IMG_20240425_203052257.jpg
IMG_20240425_203114049.jpg

Clips came in. Well worth the $5 Deepcool charged me to ship a pair. Temps went down 1*C degree per $1 dollar about give or take. Money well spent. Plus astheically looks so much better with 3 fans and the front one being RGB. I think the Deepcool AK620 Digital is the best looking cooler on the market and performance is very good with triple fans strapped to it. Bad pics but you get the picture, pun intended lol
View attachment 650163View attachment 650164
Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for letting us know.
I just ran the "Intel Burn Test" and it was in the low 70s some mostly high 60s. I thought this was a phenomenal result for a 13700K at stock speeds stock voltage no undervolt. My case does have 5 intake (2 front, 2 bottom, 1 top) /. 2 exhaust so the positive airflow is very good but I'm still surprised.
From all the posts around the web of "13700K runs hot" etc I was expecting to thermal throttle up to 100c on an air cooler but it is exactly the opposite.
This puppy runs extremely cool. 5.3/4.1 stock and most cores are high 60s some low 70s unbelievable. (This is with triple heatsink fans like pictured above.)

I just ran the "Intel Burn Test" and it was in the low 70s some mostly high 60s. I thought this was a phenomenal result for a 13700K at stock speeds stock voltage no undervolt. My case does have 5 intake (2 front, 2 bottom, 1 top) /. 2 exhaust so the positive airflow is very good but I'm still surprised.
From all the posts around the web of "13700K runs hot" etc I was expecting to thermal throttle up to 100c on an air cooler but it is exactly the opposite.
This puppy runs extremely cool. 5.3/4.1 stock and most cores are high 60s some low 70s unbelievable. (This is with triple heatsink fans like pictured above.)
HWiNFO screenshot while its running would answer a lot of questions. We'd be looking at Package Power under full multicore load.

AK620 is good cooler and while 3x fans on cooler don't really increase it's cooling ability much over 2x fans, sometimes 3rd fan will change case airflow. Sometimes this allows room temperature air entering case to flow to cooler without being warmed up as much, and every degree cooler the air temp entering cooler is translates into same degree cooler CPU is (at same load and fan speed). Air coolers cool as well as CLCs when their intake air temp is same as room .. like CLC radiator do with their fans as case intakes. ;)

Yeah that’s why I suggested watching package power. Given all the Intel instability issues though with more aggressive board presets, if you’re happy just leave it.

Back