CPU Temps in the summer

psy81

Gawd
Hey guys,

I noticed that my CPU temps are higher than normal idling around 35-37 degrees. In the winter the CPU was idling around 28-30 degrees. Is it normal for the CPU to be idling this much higher in the summer. It's 33 degrees here in Toronto and I have no AC but still...I don't remember my temps idling this high last summer...

Thanks guys, puts my mind at ease. Does the same hold true for water cooling systems?

I have a Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz from 4yrs ago when that was a current mid-range pc, and it started beeping at me a few days ago. Its running in the low to mid 40s Celsius, but its always run like that. I did a Prima95 stress test, and while I dont understand any of the lingo, it started beeping almost emmediatly so I have some issue or other. The fans are running so I dont know what it could be.

As usual, I dont keep up with whats considered 'current' in computers until the <bleep> hits the fan. So I came here running to find out once again. Where in the forums and/or site should I look?

Guess ill take this one to the techie and have it fixed. When I get a new one ill have this one as backup

I have a Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz from 4yrs ago when that was a current mid-range pc, and it started beeping at me a few days ago. Its running in the low to mid 40s Celsius, but its always run like that. I did a Prima95 stress test, and while I dont understand any of the lingo, it started beeping almost emmediatly so I have some issue or other. The fans are running so I dont know what it could be.

As usual, I dont keep up with whats considered 'current' in computers until the <bleep> hits the fan. So I came here running to find out once again. Where in the forums and/or site should I look?

Guess ill take this one to the techie and have it fixed. When I get a new one ill have this one as backup

Check you bios to see what you have enabled for alerts...that could give you a hint as to what is causing the beeps

Check my sig. It was true near 10yrs ago when I registered, and it still is today. I have learned some minor basics over the years, but not enough to do that. I open it and see if anything is lose or obviously broken, but that's it. I know how to install ram and cards, but that's it.

I will take her to the IT.

Where in the site can I look for info on whats considered 'current' for PCs nowadays?
Example:
From X cpu to X cpu is low end. From X cpu to X cpu is mid range gaming, high range gaming....
vid card " " ", etc etc

Once I get 'the jist' and check prices, I can hit the HardDeals forum and sniff out the right deals to stretch a mid-range budget into high-end territory

Hey guys,

I noticed that my CPU temps are higher than normal idling around 35-37 degrees. In the winter the CPU was idling around 28-30 degrees. Is it normal for the CPU to be idling this much higher in the summer. It's 33 degrees here in Toronto and I have no AC but still...I don't remember my temps idling this high last summer...

My CPU temps used to jump 10-15 degrees during summer when living in Orangeville and now Hamilton. Since I made the switch to the H80 from air cooling that hasn't been an issue so far. Load temps have stayed the same.

So i guess the best way to keep my rig cool in the summer is to invest in AC...

with my q6600 b3 i had to drop my oc down to 3ghz to keep it cool in the summer. in the winter it would run nice and cool at 3.2ghz.

Even with A/C your temps will be higher, unless you use fans to circulate the air thoroughly.

Back