Can't find a notebook

Spaceninja

2[H]4U
O.k. so I am waiting on student loans to come in and I am trying to find a notebook that meets everything I want. This is proving to be a real pain. I wish I could just build my own (that didn't suck)

I want a Core Duo, don't really care about speed, 100 Gig hard drive, I can live with an 80 Gig. Something other than an Intel 900/950 gpu, and I want it in a small package. Say a 14.1 in or so screen. I will be taking this thing to class.

Everything I find meets some of my requirements but not all. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking for weeks and nothing is really catching my eye. Oh I know that a Macbook Pro has a better graphics card, but I am not about to pay the Steve Jobs tax, or even think about purchasing a revision 1 Apple product. I have already learned my lesson with a G4 iBook that was a complete pile. The replacement was great (revision 2 hardware) but the first one was nothing but a hassle.

Thanks

Thinkpad T60.

Core Duo, (C2D compatable) 14.1" SXGA, 100+GB HDDs, thin and light, x1300 or x1400 and the most robust laptops backed by the best warranty you can get.

I'll agree with the T60, you won't regret getting it.

But if you're looking for more multimedia prowess, you might look at Asus' lineup. They have a W3V or something (I forget the name) in 14" with an x1600.

Back