callerID won't work at work?

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
Got a GE CallerID box model no. 2-9016SG and I tried connecting it to my office phone various ways and the CallerID doesn't work. In fact, the whole phone doesn't work at all when the callerID box is connected inline. Anyone know how I can get this to work? Maybe get a splitter of some sort and run one end through to the phone and the other into the callerID box? :confused:

pretty sure they have to be registered for that service, it's not standard on land lines

sure your office phone isnt digital? most office phone systems dont work with regular analog phones, which would go for caller id boxes as well. The digital ones usually use the regular plugs too, which is annoying, sometimes stuff gets fried.

It's an old office phone system, so I'm pretty sure it's analog. Do you think the splitter idea has merit and worth trying? and this thread was moved to Mobile Computing because? :rolleyes:

splitter didn't work. Anyone in the Tampa Bay area and want to stop by and pick up a free CallerID box? :D

Back