building a MozartTX dual-system reccomend me a mini-ITX board

kthiessen

n00b
Greetings!

I'm looking at putting together a MozartTX-Based system my DFI board for the main system and I'd like some reccomendations for the mini-itx half.

the OS will be Ubuntu, it will be used for Browsing/Email, Listening to streaming audio and watching Vids and DVD's

Which of the via boards is the win?

How about the Albatron s754 ?

The intel-based boards are expensive, are they really worth it? how about the noise factor?

Greetings!

I'm looking at putting together a MozartTX-Based system my DFI board for the main system and I'd like some reccomendations for the mini-itx half.

the OS will be Ubuntu, it will be used for Browsing/Email, Listening to streaming audio and watching Vids and DVD's

Which of the via boards is the win?

How about the Albatron s754 ?

The intel-based boards are expensive, are they really worth it? how about the noise factor?

I would just get an old server chassis instead. You'd get the same features, and it would cost a lot less.

That thing is just kind of silly.

EDIT:

Okay, that thing's only $200?

Well, it's a very inxpensive server chassis.

I know people who buy end tables that cost more than that.

Anyway....

I'd go for a s754 board. s754 CPU's are dirt cheap these days.

Thanks Spastic

Can you reccomend me an old server case that has seperate compartments for both a full size ATX system and a mini-itx system? ... If i can find something like that used that would really be great, must be aluminum and have plexi windows ... quietness is also very important.

Back