Britain gets cancer 'wonder drug'

And that, boys and girls, is why drug companies are among the scum of the earth.

Honestly, wow.... That is a lot of money. In one of the articles I read into it that some of these drugs are just used to prolong things by a couple of months.

I won't say the drug companies are scum, but yes, they do routinely charge too much. But remember that it can take up to a BILLION dollars to develop and market a drug (I think the average is 200 million $ and about 10 years time). They have to make it back somehow. It ain't a charity guys.The govt could always get into the developing drugs business, but I doubt they'd be very successful at it. And it would cost 5x as much as the private sector, most likely.

But, I do take exception with using a drug that has been around a while (and probably paid for itself), for a new and novel use and then gouging for it.

Drug Companies make more more margin of profit per dollar after taxes than the Oil Companies I think it was over twice as much when I saw the graph. Yet everyone complaines about the oil companies. Interesting I thought.

Back