Blank health tab in HDTune - should I be worried?

Mav451

Supreme [H]ardness
So I was just checking my HDs, and noticed one of my 1TB Blacks is not showing anything under the Health Tab. I have two 1TB WD Blacks, the other one is showing the Health information just fine. Now I benched both of them and got similar numbers:

The info tab is also mysteriously blank:

Compare this to my "normal" 1TB Black:

So yeah, I've been copying/pasting files to it, seems to be normal (up to 110MB/s speeds). I'm just wondering why I suddenly can't read SMART data with HDTune.

Is it a Dell by any chance? On all of my Dell machines, I cant view HDD SMART info from HD Tune. It's almost as if they blocked SMART and require you to use their own diagnostic tools. Try using CrystalDiskInfo instead.

Is there an option for smart in the bios of these Dell machines? Most machines I have worked with have an option to turn smart off.

Lol not a Dell, and no, not related to SMART in BIOS. I actually had SMART as "disabled" in BIOS up till yesterday, and HDTune had previously been able to read health data from all of my HDs. I've had these 1TB drives since Dec 2008, so yeah, it strikes me as odd that after almost 2 years, suddenly I can't read Health tab on one specific drive.

I'm not hearing any random clicking either - I'm pretty OCD about that and would have already RMAed it if I heard such a thing.

Back