BIOS from hell

Saabjock

Gawd
Ever see a motherboard that despite all attempts (jumpering clear CMOS, removing battery for weeks, disconnecting power supply, removing BIOS chip, etc..) would NOT clear the BIOS password? I got an older PC from a buddy recently, which I'd planned on making into a retro unit for old games. All the components, though older generation looked brand new. He'd had some guy assemble it years ago and the guy simply dropped out of sight.The reason I ended up with it, was because my friend could not get pass the BIOS P/W to change the order to boot from cd (to load an OS). Anybody have any additional suggestions? It's a K8M8MSR2-B rev 2.0 board with a Phoenix BIOS.

If it's basicly of no use now, have you tried booting off a known good OS install, and reflashing the bios?

Press f11 while booting up to access the boot menu

Oh, you are talking about Apple EFI. j/k :D

+1 to reflashing the BIOS, that may be the only official way to clear the password if everything else you tried was not successful.

If it's basicly of no use now, have you tried booting off a known good OS install, and reflashing the bios?

With the BIOS locked out, it was not possible to change the boot order to any of the bootable devices (i.e.. Floppy, CD, etc..). The system would allow a hadrdrive install with Windows but that was abou it.

SOLVED: Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got a hold of someone at Jetway's tech support. The override code worked great.

Last edited:
Back