Beyond Good and Evil - Sleeper Hit?

erkan

Gawd
Played the demo and went out and bought this game for $20 bucks, it just came out a few mounths ago too. REally cool atmosphere, story, and gameplay, anyone else know about this game. I didnt until i read a review on it today, played demo, went out and bought it. also the game has super good graphics IMO, u need a fast computer to make it run good on all settings max with AA and AF on. its a direct x 9 game also i do belive.

Originally posted by erkan
Played the demo and went out and bought this game for $20 bucks, it just came out a few mounths ago too. REally cool atmosphere, story, and gameplay, anyone else know about this game. I didnt until i read a review on it today, played demo, went out and bought it. also the game has super good graphics IMO, u need a fast computer to make it run good on all settings max with AA and AF on. its a direct x 9 game also i do belive.

I have read a lot of hype about it. And yes it got really good reviews. I played the demo for like 2 minutes not enough to pass judgement on it some month ago.

Awesome game, but it needs a real fast system to get it to work right.. I needed to turn a whole lot of stuff down on my 2100+ xp with a g4 4400..

I am a few hours into the game and I love it. Story is great, characters are really likeable, and the graphics are pretty, music is !!great!!, and the controls are easy.

I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who wants a fun story-driven game. Only thing better out there right now is Prince of Persia but BG&E runs a close second.

I got it for Xbox. It's pretty decent. It's kinda short but for only $20 it's a good buy. It mixes different action styles pretty well with a little something for everybody. The graphics are really smooth and the music and sound are both top notch. It's rather unfortunate that it was so overlooked.

Yeah tell me a action or fps game that has more than 12 hours of gameplay today :(

i bought it about 2 weeks ago. its super. i really love it. great graphics and cool style... def. worth $20

I got it a few months ago and it's quite an excellent game that nobody ever played or talked about. I highly recomend it.

Who is digging up all these old threads all with me participating on it lol.

Played Beyond Good and Evil quite a while ago. It didn´t sell because gamers are stupid just want stupid titles like Doom 3, Final Fantasy 27 and such it looks like.

Beyond Good and Evil is a piece of art really fantastic game. This is the game why I look forward to the King Kong game same producer. Also there doesn´t seem to be impossible that there will be a be a Beyond good & Evil 2 despite the poor selling those intelligent games people are afraid to buy.

I feel the same way about the Syberia games. I believe they're even lesser known than Beyond Good & Evil. For some reason I thought that Beyond G&E was a success since the consoles picked it up. What connection does this game have to Nietzsche anyways? Looking at the screenshots it's hard to see where german nihilist philosophy comes into play.

Beyond good and evil is a fun game with great game mechanics. I never did finish it, because i could not for the life of me win the damn races. But it's still a good game.

And straight edge has been warned about resurecting dead threads... ;)

Indeed, a sleeper hit. Incredible art, sound, and design. I can even hear its music in my head now, "PROPAGANDA!". Fun plot. The main character isn't a slut/whore. Buncha entertaining mini-games driving it.

It's too much to hope for a sequel I suppose. These developers got intensely screwed over by whoever they hire to market the game. Seems like there was no buzz at all for what turned out to be a very good game that had a specific and clear vision, and achieved it.

peacetilence said:
I feel the same way about the Syberia games. I believe they're even lesser known than Beyond Good & Evil. For some reason I thought that Beyond G&E was a success since the consoles picked it up. What connection does this game have to Nietzsche anyways? Looking at the screenshots it's hard to see where german nihilist philosophy comes into play.

The game has absolutely nothing to do with Nietzsche - the game and the book just happen to share the same title.

I'm looking for a game with a decent back story. What game could you compare this to? NWN? SS2?

Loved this game. Still love it. It is one of the few games I haven't really felt bad about it being short. Disappointing, because you want to keep playing, but it didn't feel rushed, or as if lots of material was being cut. There were just a lot of shortcuts to keep you from spending time on things you didn't need to.

1693486639807.png

"Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition" has been rated by the ESRB.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/39061/beyond-good-and-evil-20th-anniversary-edition/

It's worth a play. Not amazing by today's standards, but should still be pretty good. I wish BG&E2 didn't die (or go into development hell)

Back