Best Single Slot vid card?

bobzdar

[H]ard|Gawd
Is the 8800GT/9800GT still the best single slot card or are there some HD4850 or GTX260's out there with single slot cooling?

the reference design 4850's are single slot, so the bulk of the 4850's available on the market are single slots. i wouldn't expect the gtx 200 series to go single slot; they really do need those dual slot coolers.

the reference design 4850's are single slot, so the bulk of the 4850's available on the market are single slots. i wouldn't expect the gtx 200 series to go single slot; they really do need those dual slot coolers.

So did the HD 4850 - it just didn't get one initially.

i really don't see any glaring design flaws in those reference coolers. ati's drivers didn't seem to run the fans fast enough nor often enough, but at least you can hard lock the fan speed with the current drivers.

Its the 4850 though as aforementioned more than half of those babies are dual slot

So did the HD 4850 - it just didn't get one initially.

Not really...with stock fan speeds, it was running well within the gpu temp limitation, it's just that the number is higher than some people like.

With a fan change; however, the 4850 runs quite cool and well within peoples' liking.

My 4850 isn't a single slot.It is a visiontek hd4850.
OOpps forgot to tell you I put a gfx chilla on it so it's not single slot but it only hit's 55C max under load

Back