audigy 2 ZS to X-Fi Xtreme Audio?

i currently have an Audigy 2 ZS and I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy a X-Fi Xtreme Audio card. I have $60 burning a hole in my pocket. :D

I mainly play CoD4, UT3, Bioshock and ET:QW.

Thanks.

EDIT: just finished reading some stuff from google and it seems that i might be better off with my ZS.

went to my local BestBuy to look around and I found a X-Fi XtremeGamer with the 64megs of "X-ram" for $64. It was a clearence item. last one too.

overall, better than my ZS and for $64 it can't be beat. :D

went to my local BestBuy to look around and I found a X-Fi XtremeGamer with the 64megs of "X-ram" for $64. It was a clearence item. last one too.

Okay, people....

Never, never *never* buy the X-Fi XtremeAudio. Under *any* circumstances. I wouldn't even inflict one on Lucus Malfoy.

The X-Fi XtremeAudio is just an Audigy with software updates right?

The X-Fi XtremeAudio is just an Audigy with software updates right?
Not really. It's a rebadged Audigy SE and supposedly even uses the same driver just repackaged/branded. Meaning no hardware sound acceleration, no EMUxxx sound processor of any kind. It's soundchip may even date back to the Live! era.

It's all software driven much like onboard audio.

how about the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer?
XtremeGamer is good. Is basically an updated, lower profile, and cost reduced XtremeMusic. Has some of the extra I/O ports removed that most gamers don't need, connection to the live drive bay, or external box for instance. It also added front panel audio connectors. It's an excellent choice for most gamers.

XtremeGamer does not have the 64MB of X-RAM... Maybe you got the Fatality edition?

Back