AT&T Note2 on TMobile? No 4g! please help

EvilViking

I Drank All Your Beer
Long story short my amazing girlfriend got me a Galaxy Note 2 with her AT&T upgrade. Her intentions were to give it to me to UNLOCK and use it on Tmobile and she would take my unlocked Tmobile GS3 and use it on ATT.

I purchased an unlock code for the ATT Note 2, and phone is working. But I only get Edge. And GPS doesn't work. I am currently running the ATT software included on the Note2. Is there anything i can do? I really would hate to have to take the phone back. I thought the phones all used the same internals and would work fine. Please please help.

Thank you

It looks like people are flashing T-Mobile custom roms on the AT&T flavor without any problems - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2002447

If you want to stay "stockish" I'm sure Stock Deodexed would also work fine, but I'd seriously do some additional reading like finding out which root method they used (CF-Auto-Root, Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit, etc.), which recovery they're using (TWRP, CWM, etc.),and ask more questions before doing this :)

Officially the Note2 isn't pentaband and thus you should expect edge speeds (unless you're in a 1900Mhz t-mo area, which are officially kansas city, vegas, and miami or something; its only 3 cities).

In most areas T-mobile uses 1700/2100MHz for 3G/4G. The AT&T Note 2 doesn't have those bands enabled, hence you're only getting EDGE.

Officially the Note2 isn't pentaband and thus you should expect edge speeds (unless you're in a 1900Mhz t-mo area, which are officially kansas city, vegas, and miami or something; its only 3 cities).

In most areas T-mobile uses 1700/2100MHz for 3G/4G. The AT&T Note 2 doesn't have those bands enabled, hence you're only getting EDGE.

Here's a listing of places that currently have T-Mobile's 1900mhz 3G/H+ up and running. T-Mobile only announces a city when it's finished (IE, up near Seattle we have it in most areas, but it's not complete). T-Mobile says that this refarm should be complete by mid-2013.

http://www.airportal.de/

Website was down as of this posting, but should be up shortly.

well thats horrible I'm dreading the return. It was a generous gift. I'm just outside the city of Los Angeles so i only see 4g when I'm driving up the freeway. thanks guys.

Back